Sell US-CA Fanatec compatible Esportsim Formula Wheel 2, Thrustmaster TS-XW, SF1000 Steering Wheel

TedBrosby-

Premium
Hi all,
I'm getting rid of some stuff that's literally collecting dust in my office. I picked this stuff up just to try it out and now I'm going to lose a ton of money on it to someone here.
I attempted posting it on FB sim racing marketplaces but had no bites.
I'm located in San Diego, CA (92126)
I'm willing to ship outside US48 if shipping is covered by the buyer.

First up, Esportsim Formula Steering Wheel 2 - $750 shipped US48 (Other countries/areas cover shipping)
The wheel can be seen here: https://www.esportsim.com/shop/formula-steering-wheel-series-2/
I purchased the Fanatec compatible version, with the PS4/PS5/PC Clubsport universal hub so it's not Xbox compatible. It also doesn't have the Advanced Paddle Module, but Carlos from Esportsim will tell you how to install it if you want to upgrade.
I got the Pro Version - Which means the encoders can be used in both absolute and incremental function mode. This is something you cannot upgrade after the fact.
I also got it in DD1/DD2 supported, which means there's a metallic plate installed between the hub and wheel, which I imagine is due to a grounding issue that causes the USB to disconnect.
The screen is compatible with three dash applications: Z1, Simhub and Esportsim's in-house telemetry gateway (which is free to use). It uses UDP telemetry and works out of the box with Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Competizione and iRacing.
It's also a touch screen display, which is kind of cool.
This wheel was over $1300 when I bought it and it's currently sold out. That being said, it's a specialty item so I know customers for it are few and far between. Also, it's 310mm wide which is quite large for F1 driving.
It works fine on the CSL DD, but I'll warn you it's quite heavy, so don't expect very strong FFB using only 8Nm with this wheel.

20230522_102727.jpg

20230522_102700.jpg

20230522_102806.jpg

20230522_102759.jpg

Next up is a Thrustmaster TS-XW wheelbase + SF1000 Steering Wheel Add-On Bundle for $550 + Shipping
Not much to say here. My nephew likes sim racing and I was going to upgrade his set-up to a more powerful TM wheelbase, but he decided he likes Fanatec and wants a DD1 style wheelbase. I told him to save up from his chores money and if he keeps his grades up (now that he has a girlfriend and baseball commitments) I'll match his savings for a new set-up, come Christmas time. I picked up this TS-XW on Amazon new "fair" condition and it definitely shows. The case has a crack, no box and a very used wheelbase. I tested in Windows with iRacing, ACC and AC and had no issues using maximum torque for multiple laps. Quick release is solid and still has the screw. No issues at all with it. I bought it for $350 so I'm taking a loss on it but I just want it gone.
The SF1000 has been used less than 10 minutes. It was a pre-order from Adorama back when everything was out of stock that I completely forgot about. By the time I noticed it was back in stock, they already charged my card and shipped it out. Since then, the wheels are always in stock and even being sold on Amazon used "like new" so there isn't as much of a market for it.
The firmware on both has been updated to work together and I pulled it out of the box just to make sure it works without issues.
20230522_115022.jpg

20230522_115034.jpg

20230522_115027.jpg

20230522_115056.jpg

IMG_8603.jpg

IMG_8604.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling