Cars URD EGT

So I'm looking at grabbing the URD EGT cars - can anyone tell me if the performance is level on these? Do they race well all together? Getting tired of setting up GT classes only for there to be 10 seconds difference in lap times between slowest and fastest cars. Just want a group of cars that can properly race.

Mainly asking about the EGT 2018 and the EGT pack - as GTE is wrong without a Ferrari (Ferrucio) which they dont seem to have a 2018 variant of.

The cars from the old EGT pack seem fairly balanced in terms of lap times. While the models are definitely showing their age, the cars there are really cool, especially the Viper and Aston Martin which aren't in base AC at all. The Viper needs a fix because it crashes the game. It's somewhere on RaceDepartment.

The biggest issue I have with this pack though is the physics. I'm not sure if it's realistic or not but I find the cars difficult and somewhat weird to control. I mostly driven the Aston, and it's easy to spin out if you're not careful. It seems very different from similiar Kunos cars. I'm not good with setups, but after I increased downforce, and tweaked the camber (never did that in any other mod or default car), the car was more "normal", but still somewhat odd. It could just be me though - I've never driven a GTE car in real life, and propably never will. :laugh:

The more recent GTE cars from URD like the newer Aston Martin are also much easier to drive. The URD's old and new EGT cars are completely different driving vise. Not sure if the GTE cars evolved this much over those years, or the physics (or the default setup) were off in older mods.

The old Ferrari will be slower than newer cars. You'll either have to race the old EGT or the new ones. I think I've heard URD are working on a new Ferrari though.

Last edited:
Thank you for such a comprehensive run down. I've been working on data.files for a couple of GT cars to try and level things off in the GT category, with some success. Will take a look if they bring out a new Ferrari but currently it doesn't get me much closer to what I'm trying to achieve if its not there.

If you decide to buy URD cars, make sure to buy them from https://www.unitedracingdesign.net/show-sellfy , they might be more up to date than in their other store. The issue with Venom (Viper) in the old EGT pack should be fixed here from what I've read for example.

Fully up to date new EGT cars are in class of their own due to their BoP. They are much faster than Kunos and old EGTs. I can recall the older versions working somewhat better with the older cars, but if you want a very well balanced field of cars then you'll be good running either old EGTs or new EGTs (though without Ferrari for now, unless you find a way to balance one of the available ones somehow).

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 5 33.3%