URD Detroit BOP Fix for the S397 GTE class

In single player i done extensive AI testing running this Detroit or better known as the Ford GT and since it was updated quite awhile back to v1.1 there is not a BoP issue i experienced with the AI like it was with their v1.0. Recently i ran AI tests with the Detroit with all the other S397 GTE cars and usually BMW and Ferrari qualify better and win more races running against the Detroit car.

I can run faster laps with S397 Ferrari in comparison to the Ford GT

Give me a little better information which particular tracks and if you are reflecting to single player or multiplayer?

Last edited:
In single player i done extensive AI testing running this Detroit or better known as the Ford GT and since it was updated quite awhile back to v1.1 there is not a BoP issue i experienced with the AI like it was with their v1.0. Recently i ran AI tests with the Detroit with all the other S397 GTE cars and usually BMW and Ferrari qualify better and win more races running against the Detroit car.

I can run faster laps with S397 Ferrari in comparison to the Ford GT

It's been a long time since I bought this mod. How do I get the update?

My Detroit EGT 1.1 still laps quicker than the other GTE AI in my game. Usually lapping 1.5 seconds quicker than the other cars. It wins races 10/10 times, the usual finishing order in my offline races Ford 1 & 2, followed by the BMW's. The Porsches usually finish last quite often

I watched dozens of AI test races and the Detroit's win rate is average to slightly above average against the other S397-GTE car makes and is usually dependent on the track type it's racing on.

Also, give me a track example where you experience the Detroit winning so easily so i can test it. The old v1.0 was 1.5 seconds faster until v1.1 fixed this excessive speed and fuel issue! When you choose one of the Detroit skins ingame does it show v1.1?

Last edited:
The content list on RF2 startup shows it as EGT Detroit 1.1, I bought the mod less than a year ago so I'm pretty sure I've always had v 1.1. The tracks I've noticed lately mostly third party tracks CTMP, Watkins Glenn, Road America 2016. I'll try an official S397 track next time.

I would like to point out that there are a few tracks where the URD Detroit AI does very well and is at the top of list in Qualify but still the lap times are reasonably close to it's S-397 GTE competitors!

Just did a 30 minute qualify with S-397 GTE + URD Detroit with 24 AI at the Mugello Circuit where i'am working on a AIW update.
AI strength 100% , Real Road for Qualify = Medium Rubber and Race = Naturally Progressing. Here are the top 12 qualifiers:

1. BMW 1:47.604
2. Corvette 1:48.044
3. BMW 1:48.118
4. Porsche 1:48.329
5. Ferrari 1:48.417
6. Detroit 1:48.426
7. Detroit 1:48.630
8. BMW 1:48.638
9. Ferrari 1:48.667
10. Ferrari 1:48.719
11. Aston 1:48.967
12. Detroit 1:49.031

Last edited:
Perhaps it's the driver AI profiles I created giving me these results? I don't know why they're so dominant in my offline races. I usually run 2 hr 40 minute IMSA type races. Though that doesn't explain why they qualify 1,2 consistently for me. Maybe I'll try fresh reinstall of the mod

How does this compare to the recent ferrari they released? I am looking at getting this as well as Sebring, I have discovered I realy like WEC and enjoy watching the YT races as well as doing the races in the sim as time permits.

How does this compare to the recent ferrari they released? I am looking at getting this as well as Sebring, I have discovered I realy like WEC and enjoy watching the YT races as well as doing the races in the sim as time permits.

I can recommend the Steam Workshop Endurance Global Cup. In the video above you will find that thanks to Global Endurance Modding's ADD On, the Ford harmonizes very well with the S397 GTE. Worth it!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back