Uploaded pictures disappearing way too soon?

So when I upload a mod and want to show some showcase pictures I usually want to post a lot to show what I offer. I don't want to stress the site with this many pictures so I upload them to Google Photos and link them here. Unfortunately the pictures disappear a few days later.

Can I do anything about it to keep them? I feel not much people want to download my work if they can't see pictures about it.

Last edited:
Seems that it's not an issue with the RD site. Your actual image links simply don't work anymore. I just tried some from this mod: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...c-racing-team-9-ferrari-488-gt3-evo-4k.50923/ - see if they work for you (particularly in an incognito browsing session where you aren't authenticated as a specific google user).

How are you creating the image links? You're probably always best off using the "share" button from whatever cloud hosting you choose to use. (Btw, uploading the images directly to the mod thread is not really stressing the site significantly harder than putting them in the cloud.)

Last edited:
Seems that it's not an issue with the RD site. Your actual image links simply don't work anymore. I just tried some from this mod: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...c-racing-team-9-ferrari-488-gt3-evo-4k.50923/ - see if they work for you (particularly in an incognito browsing session where you aren't authenticated as a specific google user).

How are you creating the image links? You're probably always best off using the "share" button from whatever cloud hosting you choose to use. (Btw, uploading the images directly to the mod thread is not really stressing the site significantly harder than putting them in the cloud.)
That doesn't work either :( - I'm never logged in to my Google account unless I want to upload something.

I upload the pictures to Google Photos open the picture in a new tab, and I copy the link here into the 'Insert Image By URL' feature.

Here's an example of a direct link to the picture:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/h...1CeUZq_AobKkuGg8c01k=w1698-h955-no?authuser=0
Same link inserted into 'Insert Image':
hFTIqbO-634CvHZE6Ni0ydyjKoKgnuRWJ0evzPGb2qeFRUokJZZ7Kq5w7Z7Yp-nS0qeViclVAt5hMLUwHpcKdmWP8yvNb8eAToU-Ll5U1ljJTg750YvrVmjZRHY_TLbfeXEwhLfUsrSk6IuyHhsrd5AEb54CuIBVFt6GVf7CKQYFnE3uAPRQj5QeX69G9ywhtK0Z58UbKdiCrEa9x-UXkWnDElQflPsM2qFor3FLEiZmmc34F67daBkN560fiwH6r1rXhLIaWU4JpicneaOzLGQOHDM38dVOnvVUNyOyvJbs0Tu16limklQNN-EBUc-5J3UN6lJhN0MBsJdepU-xlilqel1HGcWmO1rX5TlVFCkSV6s-lmhU0DYSbki7MavETf9fbY1QfKaMaJJSNXArsTT_IqHJpYIayrqGcLihi_W-uC0L5aG9IPh-1IwzxrFWTYX2jgrD2rtsbCn4_gZRZ0OquNRsnhrSu1wOw5AeDSt1UWpAfcd06NYNYqvxncMVldiec-I1hB5WQDxVJNe6qObSHpcahLiEu0oBY4m4dIOjqvRLTWKn38bNIz7ocxg1DojJul26nTo5JxEBrRHcPpmLYrKeQc2X7cFmh9kxDZhhj_2PuAdEYbw8TXehOny1_q9mykMcFyLxR8VxJYmJyvwyR88hNlOy9gbGBWgU8dA3YDLiYsmhDjYrI3Xxp-7HJ_zjNqIfF2soHPKaowY0bL2IGGsMpcEja1P1IPc1CeUZq_AobKkuGg8c01k=w1698-h955-no

Next time I'll use the share button on Google Photos, and report back if that solves the problem! :)

Last edited:
Here's an example of a direct link to the picture:
That link doesn't work for me - it may be a time-sensitive thing. I presume it doesn't work for you either any more, at least in an incognito session? The fact that the image worked OK in your post (and is currently still visible) is likely to be a side-effect of how the image-proxying system on the forum caches remote images for a while after they are first downloaded.
Keen to hear how you get on with the share button - that ought to be bulletproof.

That link doesn't work for me - it may be a time-sensitive thing. I presume it doesn't work for you either any more, at least in an incognito session? The fact that the image worked OK in your post (and is currently still visible) is likely to be a side-effect of how the image-proxying system on the forum caches remote images for a while after they are first downloaded.
Keen to hear how you get on with the share button - that ought to be bulletproof.
Hi, I have a similar issues with shared images hosted on Casimages. This service turns out not to be very reliable, and after a long outage there's now an "image missing" pictogram. Casimages is working again but the pictogram stays - even after I replaced the link with a copy hosted on postimg.cc several days ago, and while editing the image does show correctly.
I suppose this is related to image caching/proxying? Can this be overcome?
F.i. this post: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/the-assetto-corsa-rally-wiki.230187/post-3531733

Last edited:
I suppose this is related to image caching/proxying? Can this be overcome?
OK, am a bit puzzled about this. It's not actually a caching issue with the proxy system - even totally fresh uploaded images to postimg.cc aren't working. It appears that the forum simply doesn't work with any postimg.cc images at present - I'm not certain if this is new behaviour or if that particular image hosting site has always had issues :(

OK, am a bit puzzled about this. It's not actually a caching issue with the proxy system - even totally fresh uploaded images to postimg.cc aren't working. It appears that the forum simply doesn't work with any postimg.cc images at present - I'm not certain if this is new behaviour or if that particular image hosting site has always had issues :(
Ah so I just stumbled from 1 problem into another! Now Casimages is working again I put back the old links and pics came back indeed... thx for the tip

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back