upload

Hello good people of Racedepartment, I have an issue where I wish to add a resource and despite when I upload my .rar file, it prompts that it doesn't see a file, and wants me to upload one when I clearly have uploaded one. It also says I can upload an external link, but am not sure how to go about this. any thoughts?
1630492284898.png

This is the file I wish to upload.
1630552989857.png

Here is evidence of it uploading:
1630553400800.png

And here is proof of upload and when I click save, I get the same prompt:
1630552919224.png

Attachments

• 1630552989857.png
    1630552989857.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 53
This is the file I wish to upload.
View attachment 500116

Here is evidence of it uploading:
View attachment 500117
And here is proof of upload and when I click save, I get the same prompt:
View attachment 500115
Try V2_0.rar
I don't know what's the issue but that would be my next guess. Multiple dots in file names are sometimes problematic.

Same for blanks and sometimes even dashes ( - ).
Which is why all my files are named with underlines only. Annoying, but 100% save across all platforms!

@Neilski any idea?

Last edited:
Really though that would fix it, still no luck. I am uploading from Australia. I did actually have this issue when I was initially posting the resource in May. Since then obviously people have uploaded resources. So perhaps is a geographic limitation?

Hi there.
Not sure what's wrong but I don't think it's an issue with the filename. We sometimes have people reporting problems with uploads and things that can "cure" the issue include using a different network link and using a different browser.
If you try uploading a very small file (e.g. 50 kB) you should hopefully see the upload system indicate success - I'm not able to test it right now but from memory, it clearly shows that the upload is complete (maybe a colour change on the icon, or some text, can't recall).
Presumably this is not ever happening with the actual RAR file you're trying to upload though.

Tried another browser?
Hi there.
Not sure what's wrong but I don't think it's an issue with the filename. We sometimes have people reporting problems with uploads and things that can "cure" the issue include using a different network link and using a different browser.
If you try uploading a very small file (e.g. 50 kB) you should hopefully see the upload system indicate success - I'm not able to test it right now but from memory, it clearly shows that the upload is complete (maybe a colour change on the icon, or some text, can't recall).
Presumably this is not ever happening with the actual RAR file you're trying to upload though.
Real interesting! After an attempt with microsoft edge (after previously using Google Chrome) it has successfully uploaded! Interesting since I managed to create and update the resource initially with google chrome. Thanks all of you guys!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.1%