Upgrade From Fanatec Wheel

So I've had a Fanatec Porsche GT3 RS v2 wheel for just over 2 years, when, doing a firmware update, the updater crashed and removed all firmware. Through backwards and forwards emails to a Fanatec assistant and trying various things, the motor has also now died. He's offered to replace the wheel for €120 (~£106).

However, with these issues, him confirming there is an issue with the Windows 10 firmware (as he also got the same error when trying it), and the fact I have bog standard CSR Pedals that I've been dying to upgrade, I'm very tempted to splash out and change brands.

The wheel I've been looking at most is the Thrustmaster TS-PC with T3PA-Pro pedals, currently on Amazon for £423 and £130 respectively. Reviews are mostly positive, but some people do have minor complaints and since I am unable to find any details on the GT3 v2 wheel mechanism or a comparison between that and any thrustmaster belt-driven wheel, it's very difficult to know what I'll be getting. And understandably I'm uneasy spending this amount of money without having a better idea of how it feels.

Thanks for any and all assistance on this matter!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.