Universal SimHub Dash

Misc Universal SimHub Dash 2.0.20240223

Login or Register an account to download this content
zerobandwidth submitted a new resource:

Universal SimHub Dash - Generally-applicable SimHub dash for various sims

This is a generic SimHub dashboard/overlay which can be used with a variety of cars, including those with hybrid drivetrains or DRS. It is obviously inspired by the HUD elements in Assetto Corsa Competizione but includes features tailored to several different simulators. Currently, it has been tested in each of the following sims:
  • Assetto Corsa (primary use)
  • Assetto Corsa Competizione
  • Automobilista
  • BeamNG.drive
  • RaceRoom...

Read more about this resource...

Ever since I posted this thing I've been obsessively working on tying it more closely to other sims and generally improving how it works. Expect an update later this weekend with many new goodies. :D

zerobandwidth updated Universal SimHub Dash with a new update entry:

ENHANCE!

I've spent far too much of the last few days going through the various sims other than AC (where the dashboard was originally developed) and tying all the various features of those sims into the dashboard. It's had the added benefit of getting me to play a bunch of sims that I hadn't touched in a while. :D

The overlay now supports every bit of information I could glean from the data in ACC, AMS1, BeamNG.drive, rFactor 2, and R3E. Every sim has its own funky way of doing things, and the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, thanks for the dash, it's great. I use it as part of my dash regularly.
I've noticed a couple or errors in the logs though. I've attached the log file.

Attachments

• SimHub.log.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 53
Hi, thanks for the dash, it's great. I use it as part of my dash regularly.
I've noticed a couple or errors in the logs though. I've attached the log file.
oooooo, that's interesting... I didn't think to pre-check for null values because I assumed they'd just fall through the logic. I should be able to fix this for my next update. Thanks, and enjoy!

UPDATE

I've actually been using this update on-stream for a long while now, and it's about time I stopped being lazy and uploaded it for everyone else. :)

The logic that drives all of the dashboard elements has been moved to its own JavaScript file so that it can be used by other dashboards that want to have similar features. This seems to have already fixed the errors that @TNTPro reported in the forums earlier this week. (At least, I started up the dash and didn't see the...

Sorry, I'm not very good with computers, I have loaded this in sim hub as an overlay following your instructions, I don't know how to turn it into a dash? I right clicked and pressed ' turn into a dashboard' but it doesn't appear in the list or anything~?!

Hi. Yes I have copied all three folders correctly. I have noticed that the errors are not appearing when I'm using either Assetto sim or rFactor2, but they are appearing when using either pCars 1 and 2 or rFactor(1)

Hi. Yes I have copied all three folders correctly. I have noticed that the errors are not appearing when I'm using either Assetto sim or rFactor2, but they are appearing when using either pCars 1 and 2 or rFactor(1)
The dashboard is not tested with Project CARS or rF1. The list of sims that I have tested is on the front page. I cannot guarantee functionality with sims that I haven't tested (and can almost guarantee it will be broken.)

UPDATE: Because I guess I should?

• added pedal display
  • added lap counter since last pit
  • added damage indications for RaceRoom and rFactor 2
  • changed hybrid deployment/recovery display for AC
  • added penalties display for rFactor 2
  • added incident points display for RaceRoom
  • added support for a relative timing overlay
  • standardized display of game state
  • probably some other stuff I haven't kept track of
For a demo just watch...

LE MANS ULTIMATE COMPATIBILITY

There isn't any, yet, really. It only sort-of half-works.
I intend to rework the entire JavaScript library that drives the dashboard so that it's more efficient and cares less about which game you're playing. This should help it work better with LMU and also with other games for which the dashboard is not specifically built (by giving it a "default" implementation to fall back on).
You've been warned, your mileage will vary, use with caution, etc.

I stayed up entirely too late working on this last night, but the good news is, the new JavaScript library is working well, and I successfully added LMU support. Expect an update this weekend after some more testing.

NEW VERSION 2.0.20240223

Highlights:
  • updated to latest SimHub 9.2.0
  • totally new and better JavaScript architecture
  • added targeted support for Le Mans Ultimate
  • should work more generically (i.e. with games without a targeted implementation)
  • totally new BeamNG.drive integration.
  • support for hybrids and electrics in RaceRoom.
GENERAL (non-game-specific)
  • Completely replaced the 1.x JavaScript library with a new...

Well... white flags for last laps are only used in the United States... all other racing series (that i know of... mostly because they follow fia rules for flags) use it for 'slow moving vehicle on track'.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.