AMS2 Ultima vs GT3 @ Termas de Río Hondo, Thursday 29th June

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Hi @GeekyDeaks , I would also prefer the two times 25 minutes format. After testing yesterday evening I can say I really do not like this car/track combo (not a fan of GT3s at all in general) and if I had to commit to 60 minutes, I would probably bail in the run up to the event. If it is just 2x25 mins. I would stay for the second, if the first race turns out to be fun, or skip the second one, if I have as much fun as yesterday night. Have a great day and thanks for organizing.

Ok, that is decided then. I'm going to switch the event to 2x25 races. To be honest, I was probably just being optimistic about the numbers from how many turned up last week! :D

I've not driven the car or the track before, this is going to be an adventure for us all!
I doubt anyone is going to do anything as embarrassing as this:
:D

It's been a while since we raced on this one. I seem to remember the second from last corner was a bit tricky to get right and there were a few bits where the track limits are absolutely brutal.

Last edited:
Just a reminder for anyone looking to run the Ultima. I was running default setup and reducing the diff clutches down to 2 in the last race, which seems to make the rear a little less snappy under power for me.

Thems fighting words! Hockenheim is one of the better former-classic-tracks-that-are-now-truncated type tracks. I'd take it over the Nurburgring any day.

Last edited:
Thems fighting words! Hockenheim is one of the better former-classic-tracks-that-are-now-truncated type tracks. I'd take it over the Nurburgring any day.
Hockenheim is an S-Tier circuit for racing, one of the best places in the world for wheel-to-wheel battles in anything up to and including F1. A lot better than the historic layout.

Thems fightin.....no, yeah, the Historic vs is great in all its versions, but the modern one is really good for every type of car. Even the stadium section is tolerable on the modern track.

Last edited:
Thanks for organizing, Scott. That track and car combo was more fun than I thought it would be. Incredible battles with Scott and Ed up front for most of R1 as the sole Ginetta driver.

Looking at the replay of the incident between Ed and I toward the end of the race, it appears to be racing incident if it wasn't a connection hiccup. No hard feelings, **** happens when racing that close and intensely.

Thanks for organizing, Scott. That track and car combo was more fun than I thought it would be. Incredible battles with Scott and Ed up front for most of R1 as the sole Ginetta driver.

Looking at the replay of the incident between Ed and I toward the end of the race, it appears to be racing incident if it wasn't a connection hiccup. No hard feelings, **** happens when racing that close and intensely.
I totally agree with Steve, really did not like this combo in the run-up, but yesterday evening had a blast. Track has really nice rythm, very technical. Thanks again to Ed and Scott for hammering the point home about the reduction of clutches. Total game changer!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.