AMS2 Ultima vs GT3 @ Goiania, Thursday 20th July

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Edit: Thought I could make it to R1 but looks like it will not work out with my schedule after reviewing the time tables again. Bummer, this track is great.

Last edited:
Scott, I will come on to the server sharp, I want to see whether my ISP has sorted the connection enough to allow me to sim race. Can't be on for long though as I have to run taxi service for my wife, the nagain depends when she gets the train.

Edit
Probably should have checked first..........looks worse than ever but they may be working on it remotely:O_o:

Last edited:
Scott, I will come on to the server sharp, I want to see whether my ISP has sorted the connection enough to allow me to sim race.
I put you down Malcolm. I was about to tell you the server is already up and suggest going on early to check the connection, but then I remembered that AMS2 doesn't work like that! :rolleyes:

Good race guys! Sorry for the bumps in practice @Redvaliant, first one I misjudged the braking point of the Ginetta, second time I was just about to move out of the draft when you suddenly slowed down :( Maybe that was some netcode, @Jimlaad43 was doing a wild dance just before spun in race two. What a shame Ed, you some nice pace. with the acceleration and top speed of the Ultima I don't think I would have gotten you.

Thanks for the racing last night, just to check did anyone notice latency with my car last night. Not erratic behavoir, that was a deliberate lack of skill :D

On another note as the GT3 cars were so much fun to drive I feel I should try the updated V1.5 build of the Porsche.......of course it is no longer a beta branch of the main build but back to the BETA AMS2 install.............boy a 100GB DL on my shonky internet.......looks like 3 hours worth...........:O_o:

Had to laugh though. I thought I better check what space I had left on my SSD and was surprised to discover rF2 takes up roughly 50%........of 1TB....... guess I need to clear out little used content.

Yes Rf2 is a hog, it also has double the installed content in two different locations and you can't get rid of one over the other. I tend to cull everything I will never drive or don't particularly like anymore from its install.

Last edited:
Ok so a quick soun with the Beta......the Porsche GT3 is miles better maybe not faster but feels much more intuitive.
The RX content is awesome.
The M1 at historic Silverstone with the chicane, the car slides I a much more progressive way, more predictable. Maybe it makes it easier but again more intuitive.
I think it's a big step forward.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea