UI is unfit for human consumption

I'm trying, really trying to get into rFactor2. I know it has so much potential. I've played some single races that are magnificent. Now I want to create a season/championship/series whatever you wish to call it.

I can't for the life of me fathom out how the UI works. It seems impossible to create a series. I can see a couple of existing series, but I don't want those. I want to create my own custom series.

Navigating the UI is as logical as typing on a keyboard after someone has changed all the keys.

The rF2 UI has taken me on a nostalgic trip the 1980s. I remember buying new commodore 64 games that were so confusing, horrid and poorly developed that I gave up on them after a few minutes. I thought we moved on from that era?

No doubt someone is going to tell me that yes you can create a custom series, you just need to install several widgets, create a spreadsheet, extract some data and bingo. I seriously do not have time for that.

I'm hoping it's even easier than that, but I must be too thick to work it out.

I can be mistaken but I don't think this is possible in rf2. I tried to accomplish this using SecondMonitor which is great for all kinds of stuff but it does not work for multiclass racing (which is something I like). If you have single-class races, this would definitely be the way to go.
Believe it or not, I really do my championships with a simple spreadsheet:)
BTW: This means the UI is great because it does not let you do what it is not intended for - ok, this was a tasteless joke:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back