UDP problem with simhub and AMS2

Lizard77

Premium
Helo friends, I have a problem with Simhub and AMS2. When I drive offline everything works fine (bass-shaker, geardisplay and revlights). When I drive multiplayer, Simhub doesn't work anymore. Simtools continues to work. System settings in AMS2=(Projectcars2/ 1 / Projectcars2). Simhub settings= UDP experimental. I would be very grateful for a proposed solution.

Advice for anyone using SimHub/CrewChief or any other tool which wishes to link to AMS2:
Unless the tool you are using only supports UDP telemetry (for example it runs on a secondary machine) you should use Project Cars 2 shared memory and disable UDP.
If you do need to use UDP, ensure it is in Project Cars 2 mode and select 9 for the rate.
If everything is okay, you can reduce the rate to 8, then 7 etc.
The number sets how often the telemetry is broadcast. 1 = every physics frame, 2 = every second physics frame, 3 = every third physics frame. etc.
Even if your PC is a hand built monster from 8-Pack, unless you have something better than the on-board network ports, keep the value to five or higher. Note: just because your network card is rated for 10Gbe or higher, it does not automatically follow your card can keep up with a barrage of UDP packets. It is possible for an old 100Mb low-latency server network card to outperform that snazzy new 10Gbe card when it comes to rapid context changes.
If you do have to run UDP, install the tool which needs it on another PC. Having the driver on a single PC deal with both UDP broadcast and the tool which is filtering the UDP packets will put a huge drain on CPU resources unless the network card itself is a very expensive server level card.
Buy using two separate PC's (one for the game and another for the telemetry tool) most machines should handle AMS2 UDP rates of 4,3, or 2.
1 may still present an issue.
To be clear, most professional telemetry tools work no faster than 10Hz - even 9 on AMS2 UDP goes faster than that! You will rarely need anything faster.

Last edited:
Advice for anyone using SimHub/CrewChief or any other tool which wishes to link to AMS2:
Unless the tool you are using only supports UDP telemetry (for example it runs on a secondary machine) you should use Project Cars 2 shared memory and disable UDP.
If you do need to use UDP, ensure it is in Project Cars 2 mode and select 9 for the rate.
If everything is okay, you can reduce the rate to 8, then 7 etc.
The number sets how often the telemetry is broadcast. 1 = every physics frame, 2 = every second physics frame, 3 = every third physics frame. etc.
Even if your PC is a hand built monster from 8-Pack, unless you have something better than the on-board network ports, keep the value to five or higher. Note: just because your network card is rated for 10Gbe or higher, it does not automatically follow your card can keep up with a barrage of UDP packets. It is possible for an old 100Mb low-latency server network card to outperform that snazzy new 10Gbe card when it comes to rapid context changes.
If you do have to run UDP, install the tool which needs it on another PC. Having the driver on a single PC deal with both UDP broadcast and the tool which is filtering the UDP packets will put a huge drain on CPU resources unless the network card itself is a very expensive server level card.
Buy using two separate PC's (one for the game and another for the telemetry tool) most machines should handle AMS2 UDP rates of 4,3, or 2.
1 may still present an issue.
To be clear, most professional telemetry tools work no faster than 10Hz - even 9 on AMS2 UDP goes faster than that! You will rarely need anything faster.
Are there any recommended settings by Reiza for these parameters?

Are there any recommended settings by Reiza for these parameters?
I cannot find any specific advice directly from Reiza.
The community posts are worded similar to "start with a value of 9 (every ninth physics frame/tick) and reduce it to a level which still works without bogging down the PC in multiplayer due to device driver/hardware ability."

This matches the sentiment of posts on forums around other ME based games.

Other sims have the same issues and will need tuning according to their own methods for sending UDP telemetry, but as this is about AMS2 I will not go into the settings for other games.

If you are streaming and using UDP telemetry and in multiplayer, you may have something of a rough time with values less than five in PC2/AMS2. The larger the multiplayer field, the worse potential problem. It is important to emphasise this is not a problem specific to AMS2/PC2/Madness Engine. It is also important to realise this is not the same issue as that which some are reporting around the AMS2 server being "a bit s**t." (Actually, I find the AMS2 server will not run on low spec AWS virtual servers - LFM appear to have started these comments, with rf2 players gleefully chiming in, but so far they have never explained them.)

Advice: If you a streaming from the same machine the sim is running, don't try to collect telemetry over UDP. If you absolutely must as if your life depended on it, get a separate streamer PC. ($$$)

Last edited:
My position is 5 ( from 11 ) when I start
But it shows 5 / 1
Shouldn't be 5 / 11 ? There are 11 players, me included.
I'm a bit confused. Everything else is correct on the display, but not the opponents nr
Some settings inside the SimHub ??
I use an Android tablet, SimHub latest version on PC, tried with Chrome browser, on Android.
No luck
Could anyone help, please ?

Attachments

• ams2 simhub.jpg
    ams2 simhub.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 114
  • ams2.jpg
    ams2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 132
My position is 5 ( from 11 ) when I start
But it shows 5 / 1
Shouldn't be 5 / 11 ? There are 11 players, me included.
I'm a bit confused. Everything else is correct on the display, but not the opponents nr
Some settings inside the SimHub ??
I use an Android tablet, SimHub latest version on PC, tried with Chrome browser, on Android.
No luck
Could anyone help, please ?
Use shared memory for SimHub and disable UDP.

I am currently facing the opposite issue. In single player, shared memory works, but in multiplayer, does not for SIM hub. It works fine for fanalab and crew chief plugin though.

Update, current build is causing the issues, according to their github. It will be fixed for their next release. https://github.com/SHWotever/SimHub/issues/1433
Installed latest version 9.1.5 and that fixed the problem. I think 9.1.3 onwards resolves the issue.
Just do a download of the latest update and install.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 144 86.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 15.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 21 12.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 50 29.9%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 58 34.7%