Tyres are overheating on straights in 2005 FIA GT mod

So I've downloaded all HQ mods. Including the FIA GT 2005 mod. I was trying to run the full season with the MC12, but after 1 or 2 laps my tyres start overheating like crazy. I then tried the 2004 cars and nothing was wrong. I tried a different 2005 GT car the Vette. It also overheated. Is it just a bug with the XD readout or is it the tyre?

Are you accidentally on softs?

Sometimes overheating is real on hot days and you'll have to modify your setup to increase cooling to the tires/brakes (ie. Brake Ducts in the car's setup).

which track ? each track use different tyre heat multiplier.
which compound ? each compound (soft/med/hard/interm/wet/monsoon) has a different temperature data.
which tyre set ? hq2022/2021, reborn, stock...
you can change tyre set via GTR2_SETUP.CMD : stock, reborn, hq, etc ...

Tyres need 4 laps to get optimum temp, do not take in account the higher temp peak at the end of the fastest straight because tyres will cool down during slow curves : if temp cool down between 70-110°C for slicks or 50-100°C for treaded/rain then it is optimal tyre temp.

Check Inner-Center-External tyre temp : good pressure when I>C>E
If C<E then increase tyre pressure
If C>I then decrease tyre pressure

I have made all temperatures tests for hq tyres on barcelona track (55 different tyres x 6 compounds x 4 laps = 1320 test laps each time I modified data in tyr file so I made more than 5000 laps at barcelona to make hq tyres ; with non optimized tyres you will have front left tyre overheating at barcelona) to avoid overheating but you certainly need to optimize car setup (tyre pressure and camber at least) for other tracks.
Moreover, if tyre temperatures are excessive on some extra modded tracks then you need to adjust these 2 lines in track .GDB file :
FrontTireHeatMult=
RearTireHeatMult=

default is either 1.0 or 0.9 but you can set 0.7 if tyres are overheating or 1.3 if they are too cold.
a screenshot is always welcome :)

Last edited:
which track ? each track use different tyre heat multiplier.
which compound ? each compound (soft/med/hard/interm/wet/monsoon) has a different temperature data.
which tyre set ? hq2022/2021, reborn, stock...
you can change tyre set via GTR2_SETUP.CMD : stock, reborn, hq, etc ...

Tyres need 4 laps to get optimum temp, do not take in account the higher temp peak at the end of the fastest straight because tyres will cool down during slow curves : if temp cool down between 70-110°C for slicks or 50-100°C for treaded/rain then it is optimal tyre temp.

Check Inner-Center-External tyre temp : good pressure when I>C>E
If C<E then increase tyre pressure
If C>I then decrease tyre pressure

I have made all temperatures tests for hq tyres on barcelona track (55 different tyres x 6 compounds x 4 laps = 1320 test laps each time I modified data in tyr file so I made more than 5000 laps at barcelona to make hq tyres ; with non optimized tyres you will have front left tyre overheating at barcelona) to avoid overheating but you certainly need to optimize car setup (tyre pressure and camber at least) for other tracks.
Moreover, if tyre temperatures are excessive on some extra modded tracks then you need to adjust these 2 lines in track .GDB file :
FrontTireHeatMult=
RearTireHeatMult=

default is either 1.0 or 0.9 but you can set 0.7 if tyres are overheating or 1.3 if they are too cold.
a screenshot is always welcome :)
Man ..what's your slowest laptime in Barcelona after 5.000 laps of tyre-testing...old track but I beat you bet every alien out there after such an exercise ! Great work ! Ireally love what you guys squeeze out of my old original GTR2 CD game..I moved it from every PC in the last 15 years to the next one and now it's still hot and running ...along it's grandchild Raceroom, but also AC, ACC, rf2, PC2, AMS 1+2, ....

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea