Tyre Pressure Calculator

Anyone have a tyre pressure calculator? ie. If Right Front tyre is 26.5 psi @ 30Deg C track temp, what psi would be needed if temp drops to 20Deg C or increases to 39Deg C?
Or is there a general rule of thumb people use? ie. Track temp rises 2Deg C therefore decrease psi 0.4psi?!?
Any pointers would help stop me getting wild pressures.

As a rule of thumb, 0.1psi per every 2 track celsius change, provided you don't change brake duct size (which you probably have to if track is 20deg vs 40deg).

Whether you can attack the corners is also a factor, low vs high fuel too. If you know you'll be driving in traffic under your limit, you might wanna go higher by 1-2 clicks, and also on tracks with higher chance of pressure loss. A heavier car however will result in higher hot pressures than one with low fuel.

Last edited:
...factor in also fuel load and how aggressively you want to attack during the race (sprint / enduro).

Personally I rather build custom tyre setups for Q and R based on the server setup than only use a base setup and just adjust tyre pressures according to track temperature.
Costs me about 5-10 laps which I can count towards practice before the race. ;)

Yea, if the server is up, get on that. I have a few of the same setup that I will race with saved for different temps like 15°, 25°, 35° then I can pick one that is close and tweak it to match the expected avg temp for the race or stint

Once you figure out the right ratio of PSI change/Temp change (seems to be somewhere around 1 click per 1C ambient temp change except in extreme circumstances), you can plug that into this little tool to auto-generate the PSI changes for you across a user-defined set of temperature intervals:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.