Tracks Twin Ring Motegi [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luis Silva Br submitted a new resource:

Twin Ring Motegi - Twin Ring Motegi Circuit converted from rFactor

Mod converted from rFactor (as I did with Grand Valley Speedway)
I dont know if I really can upload this because of the legal issues, but I tried to be in contact with the owner, but no success. So, here it is.

This mod I downloaded from this site (https://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway). No success on contact with DNAnr1 and Charlie Hendrixson...

Read more about this resource...

Ok mate, you need to stop these. The quality is terrible, and you NEED permission from the original authors. Focus on learning with one track, then move on to ones you can get with permission.

No response = no permission. Pretty simple

x2f8kuih.png

This is the first thing I see when I load up into the game. This track isn't even worth pressing the throttle pedal, it's on a whole new level of needing to be remade from scratch. Also, you do know that you're not allowed to post things on RD without permission..?

No, Albert. This is not a thing to do at all.

He has no Permission. That means not uploading it, done. You can't just equate not getting the Permission as "Well, until they say something against it, I'll just upload it". Grand Valley was already just that.

Please stop uploading tracks like this, Luis. At least wait for proper Permission and, if you're not granted any, don't upload it anyway.

EDIT: Let me add to that, actually. Because there's literally no good in doing something like this. This doesn't teach him anything about mapping or having the proper permissions to upload it, anyway. This is an exercise in futility, as some would say. It just teaches bad habits.

If Luis has any intent/wish to be a Mapper, he should learn to start from scratch. Not work on unpermitted Conversions from a now 13 year old game.

Last edited:
Tried it and: PLEASE DELETE THIS CRAP!! This is not even on the lever of Screamer game from more than 20 years ago - LOL.
And let me do it properly.

No one prevents you from doing it properly even if this conversion exists.

You've released one nice scratch made track and it seems to gone up to your head and made you an arrogant git. Get off your high horse. :rolleyes:

Permissions are of course needed but it has nothing to do with the quality (unless the original author demands a high quality as a condition for permission).

No, Albert. This is not a thing to do at all.

He has no Permission. That means not uploading it, done. You can't just equate not getting the Permission as "Well, until they say something against it, I'll just upload it". Grand Valley was already just that.

Please stop uploading tracks like this, Luis. At least wait for proper Permission and, if you're not granted any, don't upload it anyway.

EDIT: Let me add to that, actually. Because there's literally no good in doing something like this. This doesn't teach him anything about mapping or having the proper permissions to upload it, anyway. This is an exercise in futility, as some would say. It just teaches bad habits.

If Luis has any intent/wish to be a Mapper, he should learn to start from scratch. Not work on unpermitted Conversions from a now 13 year old game.

Who are you to tell what people needs to do here?

Since when has it been okay to upload things on RD without permission?

Does that mean I can also download a mod made for rFactor, spend a few hours converting it to AC as it is without making any updates to it, then upload it on RD without asking permission from the original author?

Who are you to tell what people needs to do here?
We are members of this community and thus are to follow its rules.

I did encourage Luis for his Grand Valley conversion, as it was a first step.. and because I though he may go down the road of learning by making it better and better (at some point discarding the non-permisson material), and not jump right into the next Rf1 conversion (which is the course too many "track modders" seems to follow).

...but apparently I was wrong

We are members of this community and thus are to follow its rules.

I did encourage Luis for his Grand Valley conversion, as it was a first step.. and because I though he may go down the road of learning by making it better and better (at some point discarding the non-permisson material), and not jump right into the next Rf1 conversion (which is the course too many "track modders" seems to follow).

...but apparently I was wrong

Members do not enforce rules here. If you have something to complain about use the report button.

v1HeRM0h.png

UHQHR4Dh.png

bxbkU8hh.png

II9nrb2h.png

nQIxWqEh.png

How? How is any of this okay? How do you even make something look this bad in Assetto Corsa? How is it even possible? How do you defend this? It looks worse than a PS1 or Sega Saturn game and was uploaded with no permission!

I'll show you one part that's quite important.

"Do not hotlink, post, attach, or upload other peoples content unless you have permission to do so."

SVAckP9h.png

Pretty sure an rFactor mod created by someone in the past is owned by him and is therefore private and not allowed by the ToS. Unless he has the owner's permission to post it of course.
GG79gUsh.png

Above point confirms it, that's literally what he did, posting someone else's content, just opened in a few track editors and saved in an AC-compatible format.
He also posted a link to the original download on the download page, breaking the second rule on there. Unless he has been authorized by RD to do so.
ot0Ji3Th.png

Again, no permission.

Do show me where have I said it's ok to release without a permission.

Edit. I'm only talking about quality snobbery that some members shows here.

nJPCA7uh.png

According to this post, you think Monol can't tell people to have permission before uploading something, which can quite easily be interpreted as meaning you're not against that practice.

nJPCA7uh.png

According to this post, you think Monol can't tell people to have permission before uploading something, which can quite easily be interpreted as meaning you're not against that practice.

I'm not interested of what you interpreted of my sayings. I said clearly in my earlier post that permission is needed.

I'm against this quality snobbery only.

/End of my participation of this nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 12 10.4%