F1 2011 Turning down assists

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey,
I eventually want to get down to racing with no assists, No traction control etc...
Do you have any tips on getting down to racing with no assists or easing myself into none at all.
I'm even finding Traction Control: Medium hard enough to stop my car from spinning.
Thanks

Turn off TC and start with 11/11 wings. It will handle be very similar to TC on. Slowly adjust the wings as you get used to it but I've noticed that 11/11 wing is fastest almost everywhere anyway so you may just decide to stick with it.

just out of intrest lewis, are you using a pad, keyboard (if applicable) or a wheel, torwads the end of f1 2010 i started no assits then get 11 and strugggle keeping the car in a straght line. for no assists a wheel is recommended. since i brought mine ive slowly been turning the assists off

Turn off TC and start with 11/11 wings. It will handle be very similar to TC on. Slowly adjust the wings as you get used to it but I've noticed that 11/11 wing is fastest almost everywhere anyway so you may just decide to stick with it.

I have to disagree with this. You'll be learning in a car that isn't representative of the normal handling. I'd recommend leaving the default setups - which are a base for each track, and not the same setup for every one - and take your time.

If it's traction control you're struggling with, remember not to accelerate through a corner (at least in most cases) and ease the power on during the exit. Don't stamp on the gas until you've straightened it up and facing in the right direction. If you're using other assists I'd try adjusting to no TCS first (barring Brake assist, which you should take off right away), and possibly ABS.

I definitely wouldn't recommend trying manual gears until you're comfortable without traction control, otherwise you'll find yourself in a tangle on the exit of corners.

Just take your time though, it'll come eventually. Going as fast as you can and constantly making mistakes is a lot more frustrating than doing slow laps and gradually improving.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.