Turn off engine in car setup window?

Is there an ini file or config setting to have the car turn off when in the car setup window? It's annoying to turn down my pc volume, as i'll often check out youtube onboards, and even discord chat etc, it's frutrating to menu dive in game to turn the sound dowmn, than backm in to turn it up again. The car engine really needs to be off in the garage!

It's off when you start the game, but once you've been out on track the engine stays on in the garage.

Is there an ini file or config setting to have the car turn off when in the car setup window? It's annoying to turn down my pc volume, as i'll often check out youtube onboards, and even discord chat etc, it's frutrating to menu dive in game to turn the sound dowmn, than backm in to turn it up again. The car engine really needs to be off in the garage!

It's off when you start the game, but once you've been out on track the engine stays on in the garage.
Wait what? No it doesn't. Engine is off when going back to garage.

Shift + i / S are mapped by default in my profile anyway, but it made no differnce), Once i hit escape and back in the menu, the game kills the engine, but it restarts straight away by itself.

Try setting "Engine start" in the Assists option to manual.
Legendary! So simple, that worked! Well it didn't at first, but once i cleared wheel buttons and keyboard (Shift I / S), then remapped them again fresh, it worked, probably a bug. The first time it was stuck in starter mode with no ignition, burning away the battery and starter motor! haha Thanks again mate.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 40 26.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 27 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Forum trophies