TS-PC vs T-GT bases comparison?

I'm just curious about the tspc vs the tgt ffb bases from thrustmaster.
Internally they look the same. But I have read reviews claiming that the tgt is actually a little bit more powerful in terms of ffb strength.
Does anyone know the actual truth? Please don't respond if you're just going off what you heard on the internet also.
I know people "think" they are the same. But I would like proper confirmation from someone who actually knows.

yep. i've seen that one.

I've owned a tspc, and it's a great wheel. but honestly only felt 20% stronger than a t300 which would make the expensive tgt a bit of a ripoff(if you believe they are identical).

Upvote 0
I did just that (when my second hand T500 died) and I have no regrets at all. The TS-PC feels just as powerful as the T500 was, but static friction is much lower, meaning the wheel spins much quicker and is able to deliver those really small road noise vibrations really well.

It took me a day or so to get used to the non-static paddles, but that's all. I bought the 488 Challenge version with the lovely alcantara wheel with the rev lights :inlove:

Upvote 0
That's what I asked Thrustmaster support today:
"Hello
I'm going to buy a new wheel and I'm interested in the torque level of TS-PC Racer vs T-GT.
Internally they look the same. But I have read reviews claiming that the T-GT is actually a little bit more powerful in terms of ffb strength.
Can you give me the exact torque figure for the two wheels?"
We'll see what their answer will be in a few days.

Upvote 0
Thanks for asking them. Hopefully well know for sure soon!

refarding the tspc. It is a great base, but from what i know, it is just a step up from the t500 in strength. power=. T300<t500<tspc

also if you like static paddles you can swap the t500 static paddles ro any thrustmaster base, including the tspc.

Upvote 0
Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by "static paddles"? Aren't paddles already attached to whatever wheel rim you happen to be using?
no. on the t500 the paddles are attached to the base, so that when the rim turns, the paddles stay in the same location. All thrustmaster bases (if you open them up) have an extra little wire/plug in there that makes it easy to attach static paddles. I'm guessing you can just put a rim mounted paddle rim on the t500 also if you want.

Upvote 0
Thanks for asking them. Hopefully well know for sure soon!

refarding the tspc. It is a great base, but from what i know, it is just a step up from the t500 in strength. power=. T300<t500<tspc

also if you like static paddles you can swap the t500 static paddles ro any thrustmaster base, including the tspc.
I have now a DD steering wheel but before I had the tspc and I can tell you it’s a great steering wheel. It has enough power and it’s very responsive ffb . I think it’s a very underrated steering wheel. You will love the formula wheel which comes with it.

Upvote 0
I have now a DD steering wheel but before I had the tspc and I can tell you it’s a great steering wheel. It has enough power and it’s very responsive ffb . I think it’s a very underrated steering wheel. You will love the formula wheel which comes with it.
How would you compare the tspc to your dd? I was honestly a little unimpressed with the tspc, coming from a tmx i expected a gigantic improvement but it was just a good step up.

Upvote 0
How would you compare the tspc to your dd? I was honestly a little unimpressed with the tspc, coming from a tmx i expected a gigantic improvement but it was just a good step up.
Well, DD steering wheel is a big upgrade. It’s not only has much more power and torque but the FFB is more direct and that allows you to react rapidly to oversteering/grip loss.

Upvote 0
Dear Hristo,

Thank you for contacting Thrustmaster Tech Support
I'm sure the torque varies a little between each wheel. The power is approx the same on all 3 of our turbo supply powered wheels; T-GT, TS-PC and TS-XW.
Unfortunately, we do not have the torque values available to give out to our customers.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please reply directly to this email; do not open a new ticket. Thank you

To ensure the most efficient follow-up of your query, please answer directly to this email (do not open a new ticket).
Kind regards,
Your Thrustmaster Customer Support Agent, Nancy

Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 130 85.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 46 30.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 52 34.2%