Triples + VR Simultaneously connected, howto ??

You welcome my friend, i hope too you been able to have everything working, cos Nvidia surround behaviour is weird and they use to add remove and change things with very few or none information about it in the driver changelog.
But even if now im just using 2 diferent connections for the same monitors, before i had all kind of weird surround+VR setups combining at same time DP, HDMI, DP to HDMI using converter, DVI-D, DVI to VGA using converter, HDMI to VGA using converter, and allways worked no matter the diferent timings of the monitors or the connections windows version or even the gpu!!! ( Win 7, Win 8.1, Win 10 LTSC, gtx 660, gtx 780ti, gtx 1080, gtx 1080+gtx 1060 3gb), what really matter is you must match the surround refresh to the lower refresh monitor and since surround standar refresh rates were 60 and 120hz , try this rates before say "aint work" cos if work at lower hz , means it works so the issue can be fixed with the rigth configuration :).

I hope you come soon with good news and all your rig working fine, but if you have any issue, just post it, i have more tricks under the hood and maybe another one can help.

Regards.
Dear ArkanHell,

Wishing you a happy 2022! To be much better than the bloody 2021!

Did your tricks and followed yr instructions and it finally worked my friend. I now have triples all connected with my VR mask on the system without crawling every time to pull off cables etc. The only thing I should do (since I have 4 monitors) is to actually disable from NVidias panel the 4th monitor and then all are playing smoothly and perfect. Now the Surround is syncing at 144hz for all 3 x monitors (2 x on DP and 1 x on HDMI at 144hz working perfectly) without any probs.

Thanks so much for this solution. You really helped me solve a big problem and can now enjoy my Index again.

Thts the power of forums. Immediate solution on probs by sharing our knowledge.

Once more thanks a lot ArkanHell...:)

Stay safe amigo

From Greece,
Passajero

Happy 2022 you too, glad to hear you have everything working as expected and you can enjoy your Index again.

You are welcome my friend ;)

Stay safe you too but drive dangerously!!! (in sims of course )

χαιρετίσματα από την Ισπανία

Happy 2022 you too, glad to hear you have everything working as expected and you can enjoy your Index again.

You are welcome my friend ;)

Stay safe you too but drive dangerously!!! (in sims of course )

χαιρετίσματα από την Ισπανία
haha love Espana amigo!!

Adios and muchas gracias :)
Passajero

Did your tricks and followed yr instructions and it finally worked my friend. I now have triples all connected with my VR mask on the system without crawling every time to pull off cables etc. The only thing I should do (since I have 4 monitors) is to actually disable from NVidias panel the 4th monitor and then all are playing smoothly and perfect. Now the Surround is syncing at 144hz for all 3 x monitors (2 x on DP and 1 x on HDMI at 144hz working perfectly) without any probs.

From Greece,
Passajero

Passajero - I have a similar setup and await a G2 v2 to arrive this week. I have run my triples on 2 DP/1 HDMI before and they actually ran fine GSYNC 144hz this way. I just want to clarify, you set yours the same way and then went in and set the DP port for the G2 to be 90hz, and all work together well? At the moment all 3 are on DP so I can't access any customization of ports, just trying to have a solid understanding of what works..

Last edited:
Hey GaryR, you dont need to customize the DP port you gonna use for your G2, the headset driver itself acts like some sort of monitor and windows knows what refresh need to use where its plugged.

You only need to add customized resfresh rates if you wanna use your triples in surround mode and by the card the monitors or the cables you have limited refresh but if worked for your setup with a mix of DP-HDMI before, must work again :D.
The 90 hz thingy is if you wanna avoid posible sync issues when using VR, but instead of change the refresh of the DP where the headset is plugged, you must add a custom refresh rate in the DP-monitor where you have the headset mirror image. This way the GPU just send same image to the headset and monitor in sync, and if you wanna save some resources ( i need too, im still on my gtx 1080) you can set the monitor output at 60 hz or 45hz so the GPU only send a third or a half of the frames to the monitor... but still in sync with the headset.

Regards.

Vale, acabo de ver que eres de Valencia, si cuando te lleguen las g2 tienes cualquier problema o duda, postea por aqui o mandame un privado por aqui que seguro que nos entendemos mejor en castellano que en guiriles ;)

Last edited:
You might be able to achieve this with Multi Stream Transport (and a Hub), but I'm not sure if nVidia ever built support for this in their drivers. AMD has supported this for years but I have no experience with it (not yet anyway). I suspect it would limit the maximum refresh rate as the bandwidth would have to be shared by two monitors over a single DP cable.

I'll be in the same boat once I build my dedicated PC in the fall for the Sim rig (and general VR titles).

You might be able to achieve this with Multi Stream Transport (and a Hub), but I'm not sure if nVidia ever built support for this in their drivers. AMD has supported this for years but I have no experience with it (not yet anyway). I suspect it would limit the maximum refresh rate as the bandwidth would have to be shared by two monitors over a single DP cable.

I'll be in the same boat once I build my dedicated PC in the fall for the Sim rig (and general VR titles).

Check up a couple posts, you don't need any extra equipment, Passajero has it working fine..

And ArkanHell... guiriles!!!! :laugh:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back