Triple-screen users: gain FPS by using a windowed, more narrow custom resolution

As I continue to fiddle with my graphics settings to get better performance across my three screens (by using a bezel-compensated resolution of 7800x1440), it occurred to me that maybe I could squeeze a few extra FPS out of the game by rendering a slightly more narrow area than fullscreen defaults to. Especially with the current lack of proper triple-screen support, and thus excessive stretching on the outer roughly 50% of the outer screens, I wanted to see if I could instead run a resolution that would essentially chop off those sections.

On my system, Nvidia Control Panel also allows a bezel-corrected resolution of 5850x1440 -- a bit bigger than I desired, but a good option nonetheless. When I switched to windowed mode and that resolution in ACC, my example FPS went from 57 to 72 -- a 26% improvement.

So for those of you running triple-screen setups and getting suboptimal performance with too much stretching, the above might be worth a try.

So if I understand you correctly this removes around 1/3 of the picture from each of the side monitors, like the black bars on movies but vertically? Does it cause any stretching/narrowng of the center screen image?

No, it doesn't affect any of the rest of the image. This
excessively stretched outer area seems to me to distort an accurate sense of speed because essentially the outer areas are moving must faster than the center. So it has the dual advantage of increasing FPS and improvong the overall sense of speed.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 31 16.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 24 12.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 27 14.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 26 13.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 104 55.0%