Triple Monitor Purchase Advise Needed

Hi everyone. I'm new to this message board and new to PC sim racing in general. Long time PS4 sim racer. I just bought a new PC with 9th gen i7 9700 and RTX 2080 Super. I would love to run a triple curved monitor set up like I see some of you have that look amazing. Any recommendations on what to buy without breaking the bank? I would like to stay under $600 a monitor but if I'm missing out on a good monitor for $700 or so each, I'll spring for it. I'm guessing I want something with gsync, 144hz, 1ms, etc? I'll be playing all the popular sims. Thanks for the help!

There are tradeoffs here. As in, if 1ms is what you desire, then you're going to miss out on the lovely color & viewing angle of IPS panels. FreeSync is useable on nVidia now, so not much need to pay extra for G-sync. At least your price range tells us you're not looking for triple 24" (which is a waste IMHO).
What's available keeps changing, so do a search and see what options you come up with that interests you, then post the list of candidates.

Upvote 0
There are tradeoffs here. As in, if 1ms is what you desire, then you're going to miss out on the lovely color & viewing angle of IPS panels. FreeSync is useable on nVidia now, so not much need to pay extra for G-sync. At least your price range tells us you're not looking for triple 24" (which is a waste IMHO).
What's available keeps changing, so do a search and see what options you come up with that interests you, then post the list of candidates.

That's the problem is I don't know what to look for. Everywhere I read people say something different. Is anyone running ultrawide triple set up? I've seen very few. Is IPS more important than 1ms for Sim racing? The very low ms seems to be more important in FPS compared to IPS which seems more important in sim racing. I see tons of articles on best gaming monitors, but most people play MMOs or FPSs, not sim racing games and not with a triple set up, so it's tough to get good info. There has to be some reasonably priced monitor that most people run in triples that is gsync or gsync compatible and is the current go to, no?

Upvote 0
Thanks for your insights! It sounds like it might be worth the extra $130 for the gsync as much as it pains me. A lot of people say the AOC monitor shows gsync is active when the plug in the monitor(s), but I'm not sure if I want to risk it :/

Upvote 0
I'll definitely go with gsync then. I didn't know it was that hard to run with triples. And I don't have a 2080ti, or 9000K or higher, so it might be even worse. If I run into games where the frame rate really drops, is there a setting to go over to single monitor and then can go right back to triples or other games? Or would I just unplug the monitors and then plug it back in when I want the other two back up and running? Sorry noob question

Upvote 0
I ran triples 1080p with a gtx980ti quite often got it to run at 144 hz in AC, yes even with 15 to 20 AI 60 to 85hz in ACC same amount of Ai.
It is a matter of expectation, if you expect to run
ACC at 144hz you will always be disappointed.
I now always use g-sync or free sync that sorts a lot of problems out.
free sync works with Nvidia.
So you should be able to run free sync with your 2080. That will reduce monitor cost.
Just sold triple curved screen free sync 2 1080p 24” monitors, they buzzed along quite nicely with my rtx2080.

but not at a fixed 144hz certainly not in ACC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First off, I'm not an expert at all. But I'll post what I bought for my 1st rig. I have triple 32 inch Pixio px329 1440p 165hz monitors.
This is my first setup. So I dont know how these compare to other monitors. The specs plus price of these seems to be a great value to me. That being said. I am pleased with them on Iracing.

Upvote 0
I ran triples 1080p with a gtx980ti quite often got it to run at 144 hz in AC, yes even with 15 to 20 AI 60 to 85hz in ACC same amount of Ai.
It is a matter of expectation, if you expect to run
ACC at 144hz you will always be disappointed.
I now always use g-sync or free sync that sorts a lot of problems out.
free sync works with Nvidia.
So you should be able to run free sync with your 2080. That will reduce monitor cost.
Just sold triple curved screen free sync 2 1080p 24” monitors, they buzzed along quite nicely with my rtx2080.

but not at a fixed 144hz certainly not in ACC.

My biggest concern is to what extent certain Freesync monitors work with Nvidia. The AOC one above isn't even on their list of approved Freesync monitors but a lot of people said it does work with gsync. Not sure why/how Nvidia wouldn't have this monitor on the list if it's working.

Upvote 0
I run 3 x Z321QU

They're good panels, high refresh rate, work perfect with G-Sync of course.
Some slight panel "ghosting", and not the depth of colour compared to IPS, but for me they work great.

Upvote 0
I have had three uncertified free sync monitors and one g-sync all worked the same.
I am normally always above 60HZ.
using a uncertified Freesync monitor at the moment, works fine.

Upvote 0
If your trying to cross the line first in the triple monitor world you will be onto a looser.
just get 3x24 inch freesync curved 1080p monitors as close as you can to yourself, then use them, you will
not be 100% happy, but you will spend thousands and still not be happy. :) 27 inch then if you just have to.:)

You never know what is going to be technically viable in the future.

Upvote 0
4D80D6B4-F646-4AA2-9477-91093BB137E3.png

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 28 12.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 31 13.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 79 34.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 132 57.4%