GT7 Trial Mountain 30 laps throwback endurance (expression of interest)

As I mentioned in a recent thread, I'm looking to run and broadcast race events in GT7. My first idea was to run back a famous endurance race from Gran Turismo history, and this was going to be the Grand Valley 300. But since that track hasn't been remade for GT7 (yet), Trial Mountain is the best candidate for this. Whilst it hasn't been a common place for enduros in the series, it did host a 30 lap event in GT2;

There was also a 2 hour race in GT3, but 30 laps should be plenty. Given the power restriction in place for the GT2 event, I think I'm going to suggest the ruleset that was used for the March 4-13 daily race B, with one tweak for balance reasons;

Road cars, Maximum power 295hp, Minimum weight 1200kg, Sports tyres, Tuning permitted, No nitrous
Additional rule: Peugeot L500R is banned

If enough people are otherwise interested in the event, but would prefer not to require a setup to be competitive, the alternative ruleset will be;

Group 4, Racing Hard tyres, BoP on, Tuning prohibited

Some provisional settings for the race would include a rolling start, since that is what the GT2 race had, and the obligatory penalties for corner cutting and incorrect pit entry/exit. Tyre wear multiplier would be TBD, as I'd have to figure out a rate that makes at least one pit stop necessary (fuel can stay at x1). Mechanical damage likewise TBD, as I know some may prefer the realism, whilst others feel uneasy about possibly losing their race because someone else made a mistake.

So, reply if you're interested. I'll post elsewhere too and see if I can get at least 8-10 people interested to make committing to this worthwhile.

Reactions: Gaz
I maybe interested, one of my friends may also be interested, not sure if he a member on RD, he is a clean racer.

But depends on time, timezone (we both in the UK) and day.

Last edited:
I'll try to follow through with this idea then, race to provisionally take place between the end of the world series test and start of the official season (April 2-3). Will take a vote on whether we go road cars or group 4, but I'm thinking this race at least should be more casual. So no mechanical damage amongst other things. If the race is a success I'll organise a more serious league season later on.

If I continue with this idea the new date is either April 6 or April 13 to avoid conflicting with the world series test season. Provisional settings:

295hp/1200kg limit, road cars, sports tyres, Peugeot L500R and nitrous banned. x1 fuel use, x5 tyre use, rolling start, no damage.

We're going with the road car formula because BoP is a joke right now whilst a power and weight limit seems to add at least some variety once you remove the VGT car. The Peugeot isn't even OP over a longer stint but I think it's important the race has actual road cars in it rather than concept models. I live in Australia, so except a race time of 12:00 UTC give or take. I can move the race back to a weekend if enough people want it moved there and don't care about the world series.

Not making the April 6 date at this point but sign ups are still open. Just want to confirm that some people are coming and then I may open up the lobby to randoms to fill it out on the day. We have a potential experienced broadcaster for the event in RXGT too so it'll be a good show whether you choose to come as a racer or a viewer.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back