F1 2010 Transfering game saves...

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Yes, but it really isn't easy.

I think there is a game save application that will extract the files for you, not sure about this though.

You have to copy the save files in Mydocuments somewhere, which is the easy part. You then have to copy a bunch of the GFWL stuff over from in the program files and also mydoc's directories.

You should certainly test the copied saves on your new computer before removing any data from your old computers hard drive.

I had to copy everything to do with GFWL. With just a straight copy of the save files, F1 2010 wouldn't recognise the saves, they were corrupt. I might be able to tell you directories later.

I just did a format and reinstall and here's what I had to do....

Craig is right, the new install didn't recognize my old savegame, but the solution is easy.

Just create a new savegame, then copy and overwrite it with the contents of your old savegame.

In other words, copy the contents of the folders from your old savegame into the new folders. Do not copy the folders themselves, but what's inside them.

The new savegame gives the folder a different name, so you need to copy the contents of your old savegame folder into the new folder.

Hope that made sense :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea