Trak Racer TR80 Shipping Review!

td1garage

Audi LMS/GT3
A warning for anyone in the USA wanting to order from TrakRacer as they ship locally...

After having a pretty terrible order experience, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that they can't ship worth a damn. I'm reminded of the experience that Boosted Media just posted about a few days ago in his video about a review not going as planned. Except we're not talking about a brand new company, we're talking about a company that's been around for a long time that apparently doesn't seem to mind shipping a horrible experience to a paying customer.

I ordered a TR160 as their website had some kind of glitch and showed it in stock. After days of no response, they finally tell me it is, in fact, not in stock, but they do have the TR80 and the DD mount in stock. While not ideal, I need to replace my S1 and don't have time to keep messing about, so I agree to a refund for the difference, but only if they can meet my shipping deadline (if they couldn't I had asked that they cancel/refund my order). They confirm it'll arrive on or before Thursday (Feb 6) and proceed to process my order.

Shocker, it didn't arrive on the 6th. While scheduled to arrive tomorrow, it arrived today. Though I wish it didn't.

The packaging was terrible, cardboard boxes not designed to hold heavyweight items and no reinforcement. Their tape situation is equally a joke with the box completely torn open on one end. The surprises don't end there! Upon opening the primary box which has the bags of bolts, hardware and the 80/20 pieces I'm met with metal shavings everywhere! Every single bag of hardware/bolts is ripped open and they are loose and all over the box, with the side of the box torn open, who knows if I even have all the bolts necessary now, fun.

Every single piece has damage, whether it's scratches, knicks, dents, tooling marks, or more. It looks like this was slapped together in a shop in China, shipped to their US facility and that's it. No quality-control happens here, no one cares, no one looks at it, they just ship it to a customer and call it a day.

I regret ordering this, immensely. What's worse is all of the boxes are so messed up it'll be a nightmare to return. Hopefully, my terrible experience will help someone else avoid this nightmare.

I attached some photos of the worst pieces.

IMG_1362.jpg
IMG_1367.jpg
IMG_1368.jpg
IMG_1376.jpg
IMG_1377.jpg
IMG_1378.jpg
IMG_1381.jpg
IMG_1374.jpg
IMG_1380.jpg
IMG_1382.jpg

That is awful isn't it. I was quite lucky choosing a Next Level GT Track - it came really well packaged and I'm really happy with the product. It doesn't compete with a full 80/20 rig though for sheer flexibility (for mounting options etc no actual flex). I'll upgrade again in the future when the kids leave home and we have more space. Sorry to hear you've had such a poor experience with these guys. Seem one to avoid.

Upvote 0
That is bad. I do agree they and their manufacturer need to improve the packaging.
My TR160 and triple monitor stand arrived with no damage. For me, from placing my order to receiving it took six days.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

OMG, and this is local shipping.
My P1X with all the accessories (8 boxes total) came from sim-lab across the pond without a single scratch or dent.
Thanks for heads up, will make sure to never order anything from them.
Really feel sorry for you.
Demand a replacement and pickup at their expense, if not, open case with Paypal or Credit Card company to get your money back.

Upvote 0
My P1-X + triple monitor mount just arrived this week (I am also in the US) and it not a single thing was scratched. The packaging was very well done, all the profiles were bubble wrapped and strapped together, heavy duty cardboard reinforcements on the large profiles, all hardware in bags and intact.
Some metal shaving in the profiles that were machined for internal threads, but that was all -- nothing like your photos. Wow.

The Sim-lab folks have been great to work with -- they clearly take pride in their work, including making sure the product arrives safely. I wish I would have taken more pics of the packages, here are 3 of the 5, the other two boxes were the ones that contained the long profiles -- they were in equally fine shape upon arrival.

DJM

Attachments

• IMG_20200205_101315.jpg
    IMG_20200205_101315.jpg
    815.3 KB · Views: 370
Upvote 0
Wowwww.... I had heard that their shipping/ packaging service is bad.

This is definitely part shipping but also part QC/QA from their manufacturing. If no one bothers to check what arrives from China, this is what happens. Customers shouldn't be your QC/QA department.

That is awful isn't it. I was quite lucky choosing a Next Level GT Track - it came really well packaged and I'm really happy with the product. It doesn't compete with a full 80/20 rig though for sheer flexibility (for mounting options etc no actual flex). I'll upgrade again in the future when the kids leave home and we have more space. Sorry to hear you've had such a poor experience with these guys. Seem one to avoid.

Terrible! That's awesome you had a good exp with Next Level. My RSeat S1 was also packaged perfectly and arrived without any damage but the flex is terrible, hence the move to 80/20.

That is bad. I do agree they and their manufacturer need to improve the packaging.
My TR160 and triple monitor stand arrived with no damage. For me, from placing my order to receiving it took six days.

Glad you had a good experience!

My P1-X + triple monitor mount just arrived this week (I am also in the US) and it not a single thing was scratched. The packaging was very well done, all the profiles were bubble wrapped and strapped together, heavy duty cardboard reinforcements on the large profiles, all hardware in bags and intact.
Some metal shaving in the profiles that were machined for internal threads, but that was all -- nothing like your photos. Wow.

The Sim-lab folks have been great to work with -- they clearly take pride in their work, including making sure the product arrives safely. I wish I would have taken more pics of the packages, here are 3 of the 5, the other two boxes were the ones that contained the long profiles -- they were in equally fine shape upon arrival.

DJM

Everything I've seen/read seems to point to sim-lab being the best. I've found a vendor that I know & trust who has a P1-X in stock and it should arrive next week. Hopefully this will be the end of this rig drama.

Upvote 0
OMG, and this is local shipping.
My P1X with all the accessories (8 boxes total) came from sim-lab across the pond without a single scratch or dent.
Thanks for heads up, will make sure to never order anything from them.
Really feel sorry for you.
Demand a replacement and pickup at their expense, if not, open case with Paypal or Credit Card company to get your money back.

I'm not interested in a replacement (and P1-X on the way!). I refuse to give my money to a company that thinks that this kind of experience is acceptable for a paying customer.

Upvote 0
Is there a chance that you've been sent out a ex-demo rig? That's an awful lot of damage to be sent out for new in the box equipment. Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.

Given the damage, you'd think that would be possible but based on the packaging I'm pretty confident it's never been used before. This is the quality that they seem to think is acceptable from their factory in China.

Worst case, I'll do a charge-back, toss this **** in the trash and call it a day.

Upvote 0
Trak Racer is in denial it seems. Their initial response to the photos of the damage was that it must be shipping damage and that everything is checked at their warehouse.

LOL.

First of all if everything is checked by someone, that individual must be blind and if everything truly left perfect (impossible) then FedEx managed to unpack everything, damage every single piece individually and replace some pieces with their own poorly manufactured ones with tool marks and rust on them.

Trak Racer is a joke and now this nightmare gets to drag on.

Upvote 0
Sorry to here this!
I was thinking to place am order from them but will be waiting a bit.
By any chance do you guys know where they're having an office or warehouse here in US? Due to the nature of my job I'm able to travel anywhere in the us. Was thinking yo pass by them and check out stuff before ordering.
Thanks allot!

Upvote 0
Sorry to here this!
I was thinking to place am order from them but will be waiting a bit.
By any chance do you guys know where they're having an office or warehouse here in US? Due to the nature of my job I'm able to travel anywhere in the us. Was thinking yo pass by them and check out stuff before ordering.
Thanks allot!

My order shipped from New Castle, DE.

Upvote 0
Probably the final update for me on this:

I will give their Australian team a bit of credit, they did refund me quickly and now I just have to wait for them to schedule a pickup so this stuff can head back to them. It took a bit of prodding but nothing too bad.

@2stains I think their Australian service would be better, as I continued talking with them it did seem as if they expressed frustration with the US warehouse partner that they use.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, as the owner of Trak Racer, this breaks my heart to see. We did have problems in the beginning and now repacking the remaining stock we have. We have a TR80 Mach 2 coming which will have several improvement to the design and strength/adjustability, but more importantly to the packaging. Since finding this huge issue with shipping and re-packaging, our damage rate has reduced considerably. While this has been damaging to the brand, it was our first attempt at 8020 rigs.
We will not have repeats in the future and this is 100% gauranteed.
Regards,
Matt Sten
sales@trakracer.com.au

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey guys, as the owner of Trak Racer, this breaks my heart to see. We did have problems in the beginning and now repacking the remaining stock we have. We have a TR80 Mach 2 coming which will have several improvement to the design and strength/adjustability, but more importantly to the packaging. Since finding this huge issue with shipping and re-packaging, our damage rate has reduced considerably. While this has been damaging to the brand, it was our first attempt at 8020 rigs.
We will not have repeats in the future and this is 100% gauranteed.
Regards,
Matt Sten
sales@trakracer.com.au
Could you send one out to me and I'll report back just how amazing it has all become? Even just the triple monitor stand would work :p
Im in Brisbane and have a massive YT following (34 subs last i looked, lol) that will see my review ;) plus I'm a much loved member of the sim racer community :D

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

To be fair sim-lab had issues with packaging too, took a while for them to learn how to do things right.
Shipping something that big and heavy is always a challenge.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea