Track resizing problem

I've spent a lot of time on a track and after racing it I found it was too big. This shouldn't be a problem, since there is a track resizing feature that I'm sure I've used flawlessly before, but now when I try to use it, objects, terrain, walls and the track width don't scale correctly and end up all over the place, despite their boxes being checked. It goes from this, to this after resizing from 4479 metres to 2500.

How do I fix this?

I've had this problem as well, but making the track bigger instead. I had to do it in SimEd, by resizing the whole thing by a multiplier. You'll want a multiplier less than 1, which is the decimal value of 2500 divided by 4479.
The only catch is that you have to do it after every BTB export.

Manual positioning after resize is mandatory anyway, you have to check everything. But that process is done only once and by the looks of it, you haven't put thousands of objects yet. Less than one day of tedious clicking but it gives you a good reason to check everything in the middle of project when the main stuff (walls, curbs etc) is laid down. Doing that in the end is way more time consuming and error prone ( for me anyway as my projects become very chaotic at that point..)..

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.