Track Aspertsham

Hello, here is Thomas Laechele (THL), the creator of the Aspertsham Mod.
It's true and maybe a little bit sad for some of you: There will be no public release of Aspertsham v0.8. Older versions have been deleted by me. There are several reasons, first of all legal concerns.

I want to go on with another project, a German race track of the 50s, Dessauer Rennstrecke. So there will be no turning back to Aspertsham.

Leonardo Ratafia has the latest files. He did all the camera files, helped with VAO patch and in many other ways. He did a lot of work and so it's a stupid situation for him too.
As I said, there's no public release, but if you want to have v0.8 for private use, please contact Leonardo @Leonardo Ratafiá
Private use means no further sharing with third persons, no public screenshots (an occasional use in AC screenshot forums should be ok) and most of all no videos on youtube or other video platforms.
Thank you for your understanding.

Thomas Laechele (THL)

Last edited:
I loved Aspertsham when I first had AC installed, but alas I removed the whole thing for a couple of years in search of hard drive space and sad to see you had to take it offline.

However, I've recently reinstalled AC due to the dearth of superb quality historic content from FatAlfie, Stereo, Mantasisg, Pessio, Lilski, Sergio, Aphidgod, (Bazza/DrDoomslab) and several others supplementing Ilja and Peter's work on CSP and Sol, so I'm delighted to see you're creating something that would fit into that direction nicely.

Look forward to seeing what you can pull together, especially with the toys CSP has brought, and, if not possible, thanks for the enjoyment I got from Aspertsham in the first place.

Sad to hear the news it's my favourite track since my 1st race in AC and "wunderbar" for testing new cars. I absolutely love the rural scenery, details even of far away buildings and elevation changes. BTW for the record direct link to Aspertsham version 0.8 can be found in PDF attached to opel-renbahn_v10 trackfile it's kainda Easter Egg or sth called "A_little_ gift.PDF". I tested the rally stage it's amazing and really challanging but I will stick to version 0.7 mostly because of my PPF settings for brighter asphalt texture, I only "borrowed" grass and rainFX extention. Now I have the hybrid working for me.

F Germans.... (for their (few) stupid and weird laws)

Now I would really like to know what was the issue? Not in details but as points of what exactly was against the F German laws in a car driving game????

Last edited:
i think because the track had real houses in it?
Well knowing Germans it might actually be the issue.... But if you look at Gmaps, Apple Maps, Earth.... all of them have them and especially in 3d mode.... This is just old farts being unhappy with their lifes and exercising their stupidity while being supported by the "law" in my opinion!!!

Last edited:
Well knowing Germans it might actually be the issue.... But if you look at Gmaps, Apple Maps, Earth.... all of them have them and especially in 3d mode.... This is just old farts being unhappy with their lifes and exercising their stupidity while being supported by the "law" in my opinion!!!
I dont know german laws and i dont know what deal google has with them, but i think there is a difference between an entertainment mod for a game and an informative earth map.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back