rF2 Touring Masters @ St. Petersburg - Wednesday April 13th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Nope, its still up.

Edit your Multiplayer.ini file, located in "rFactor\UserData\[yourplayername]" and can be opened with Notepad.

Edit this line: Concurrent Server Updates="400". Change to "1000".

Not going to make it tonight sorry, stock car league meet has popped up so I'm doing that instead, can't break a 1:18 anyway so I'd just be bringing up the rear. Enjoy the race guys.

Fun night, thou a bit empty.

Q : P5 ! Wow ! Really ?! Never knew I could pull such rabbit out of my hat, but I guess miracles happen :D Best ever qualification result. And I won't take "But we were only 13" as an excuse :p

R : Well, decent start, but I couldn't take on Adam who was right beside me on the acceleration race off the green. Then, approaching T1 someone flew into the back of someone else and made a bunch of cars pile up. I believe Sergio Perez took it the most seriously as he had to crawl to the pit and fix it. I on the other hand got stuck in behind Jesper and we dropped back to the last places. I didn't wanted to go wild on his bumper, even thou he was slowed down by cars infront as I knew it would put us both in danger. I backed off and tried to stay within range. By the end of lap 1, on the last turn, I tried to make a move on O'Malley on the inside, but stepped too early on the accelerator and spun a full 360. I was on my own from there on, just ... racing. Eventually people upfront started to make mistakes and I moved up few places. Reached 7th at one point. By lap 23 my tires were cooked, so I decieded to pit. Somehow my guys thought it'll be a good idea if they fix my car, even thou nothing was damaged on it and I told them not to bother ... So I've spent additional 30+ seconds in the pit, dropping me down a lap and back to 11th. Luckly with the new rubber and less fuel, I was able to put up a nice pace, slowly crawling up on the cars infront of me. Same thing happened again thou - they just started dropping left and right and I moved up to 6th, which I barely held away from Steve.
Good racing overall. I'm quite happy with my single digit qualification number and the fact that despite that Lap 1, Turn 1 incident, I still managed to call this night "a race".
Thanks everyone for the good fun ! See ya next time :D

Qualified 6th after a powerlap from another dimention! :tongue:
Race:
Got away great at the start, but i think it was Perez who swerved over the road and hit me so i got a bad entry to the first corner and hit Adam.. Skid out abit trough the next corner and then Adam passed me.

Drove a couple of laps in third position and then the trouble started.. hit the wall a numerous times, spun out a couple of times and drove terrible most of the time :tongue:

Pitted after about half race and denied the pitcrew to fix damages.. (idiot!! :mad: ) on my way out of the pit i discovered a steering problem and forgot pitspeed limiter and was awarded a DT :facepalm:

after three or four laps i entered pit to fix the damages and stood there for 64seconds...

Finished race in 9th..

Sorry for any trouble i caused! :redface:

Surprised myself by qualifying 7th with a lap a full second than the best i had achieved in practise. Lack oc concentration saw me hit the wall and leave myself sticking out on the exit of a turn. 2 missed me but Nik hit me - sorry Nik. Limped to the pits with no steering for a 40 second stop. Got back in and had a small battle with Hubert, then a good race with Nik to the end.
Very enjoyable thanks RD and fellow racers.

Whoa.. nice race :) good praccy for TRois

Q: had decend time of 1.15.3. Jesper found some speed and managed nice 1.14.6.. i was 2nd in Q

R: well, few cars went wide in start.. managed to get it clean and i was leading after first corner as Jesper went wide aswell.
After few laps i noticed that Adam could not keep up with me and i tryid to keep the momentum up.
even my best today was not enough to Jesper who had crashed at T1.. he caught me up on the half-way of the race.

I went to pit and get new tyres.. no damage thank god.. dropped to 2nd there and kept that place through rest of the race.. could not catch Jesper even with new tyres.. so great drive there from Jesper..

this was good praccy for Trois. and i didint hit a wall single time in the race :)

Quali: Close to my PB and took 4th.

Race: Made a good start and avoided the two people who out-braked themselves into turn 1. Avoided Joakim who got it loose in turn 2 and managed to scamper away in 2nd after a few laps. Jesper caught me on lap 13 and pulled a very nice move into turn 4. I was sure he was going to overshoot and hit the wall so I set myself up to cut back but he didn't. Settled for third and noticed a few pitstops happening and Tommi nipped out right in front of me. From then on I felt very safe in third and noticed Roy had pitted as well and was slightly catching me. The car was feeling a bit loose after 20 laps so I set up my pitstop just in case and on lap 24 I decided to pit. When I stopped it said it was repairing damages which I am 100% certain I turned off. Came out of the pits 12 seconds behind Roy so started pushing. Unfortunately I collided with Steve at turn 4 (apologies). I waited but Nikola got past him and that mistake ended any chance I had of 3rd. I got past him and Nikola but span again and dropped behind. After interferring with their battle twice already and the guilt I had of costing Steve the position, I sat back and watched the battle rather than trying to lap them again. Had a couple of lag spikes towards the end, don't know if anyone else got that? Finished 4th.

Thanks to all those who raced.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies