Touring Car Legends (All-in-One Pack) PART ONE

Cars Touring Car Legends (All-in-One Pack) PART ONE V1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
MJQT submitted a new resource:

Touring Car Legends (All-in-One Pack) - The ultimate 1980s Group A touring car mod for rF1

Want to race 1980s BTCC, DTM, ATCC, WTCC, and more? Want to drive great versions of Group A touring cars like the BMW E30, Holden VL Commodore, or Ford Sierra Cosworth? This is the mod for you. Touring Car Legends for rFactor 1... one of the most complete mods ever made. Although the cars are somewhat visually dated by today's standards, they still are very fun and rewarding to drive. :)

----------------- INSTALL GUIDE USING 7ZIP -------------------
  • Download...

Read more about this resource...

BTW, what's with the three-level compression? The decompressed archives need disk space at each step. Meanwhile I'm pretty sure you could just create a two-part archive right from the start, and upload that.

I'm just baffled as to why do all this dance.

Last edited:
BTW, what's with the three-level compression? The decompressed archives need disk space at each step. Meanwhile I'm pretty sure you could just create a two-part archive right from the start, and upload that.

I'm just baffled as to why do all this dance.
If there is a better way, I'll gladly fix it!

So it's originally an EXE which takes 900 MB. RD has an upload limit of 500 MB, so I have to split it into two parts by creating a 2-part 7Z archive. When I split it, it creates two files with extensions 001 and 002. RaceDepartment only lets you upload files with extensions like ZIP or 7Z, and won't let me upload .001 or .002. So I created a 7Z archive for each of them, and RD lets me upload those.

I guess I could rename the .001 and .002 files to have a 7Z extension, and then could tell the user to manually rename them. But that's still another step that has to be taken, and IMO right clicking through 7Zip menus is easier and less error-prone for the user.

Why not for rFactor2????? Who still plays rFactor1??
Actually, me, sometimes :roflmao: Especially for a fun-to-drive mod like this. :)

But moreso. Not only is your attitude entitled and disrespectful, but your comment also shows that you've done very little reading, thinking, or research. First, this is a repost of a famous rFactor 1 mod. I haven't done any work here. I've only reposted it since it's a piece of sim racing history, and this mod (in its original form) deserves to be preserved. Second, rF1 mods are useful as source material for a potential future conversion to Automobilista 1. Third, a port of parts of this mod to rFactor 2 already exists - it's called Touring Car Revival, and you can download the cars from the International Sim Racing website. Fourth, some conversions of old mods for newer games are not well executed (e.g. people just slap some files together to get models in-game) and/or are done without permission, and thus the original mod can be more enjoyable, even when the base game is somewhat outdated by current standards.

Last edited:
Hi !
Tried your mod but I have no engine sound, only gear changing and breaking sounds. Are some files missing ?
Sorry you're having issues! :( Hmm. It's possible I made a mistake, but there shouldn't be any files missing.

First thing is to verify you installed Parts One and Two. You need both parts!

If you have made sure you installed both parts – which cars don't have engine sounds for you? A Mustang, by any chance? I had that once before. But then I deleted and reinstalled, and suddenly had sounds. Can't tell you what I did differently. Perhaps there are sound files in the TCL Revival packs? I've always installed those packs alongside TCL.

Last edited:
I have the two parts and copied the files in a copy of rFactor (I have an install per mod).
Tried the 635, the Supra and another, don't remember which.

I installed all the packs you mentioned with no success.
What I noticed is that before these add-ons, there was no TCL folder under Sounds directory.
After these add-ons installs, there is a TCL folder but it only contains 190E sounds, which is the only one that works.
I suggest you may have forgotten to add the original TCL sound folder.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
First, thanks so much @Kjell Nielsen for having hosted your "TrippTeam" server for so long! I'm certain that there are many rF1 and GTR2 mods that would be lost forever without your work. :)

Yes, at the TCL Revival Team's website, https://tclrevivalteam.wordpress.com/, there's a MEGA link where you can download a TCL 1.1 EXE. @Jim Duf I would suggest removing the files from my RaceDepartment downloads and instead installing TCL 1.1. using the EXE. I hope that works better for you! Please let me know if it does.

Just so you know – to make my PART ONE and PART TWO TCL 1.1 downloads here on RD, I used that EXE. I simply told the EXE to put the files in an empty folder. I then dragged and dropped half the files into another folder, and finally made a 7Z archive of each. So I shouldn't be missing any files... although I may have messed it up somehow.

Thank you, I'll give it a try.
I think you miss one drag/drop as I didn't find any TCL subfolder under sounds ;)
Thank you for looking around in the files to see what was wrong! Currently away from my Windows gaming computer, but I'll be sure to check this (and update the download to fix it) when I get back :)

@Jim Duf So I just checked the MEGA download link and compared to the Part 1 and Part 2 I uploaded here. And neither have any Sounds folder included with the download. So appears that I didn't goof in copying folders, but there is definitely an issue.

But I somehow have sounds in my own TCL install :roflmao: I would normally deduce that the sounds must be provided with the TCL Revival add-on packs - since I have always installed those add-on packs, but I'm 99.9% certain I did not install any dedicated TCL sound pack. But then you said above that you did install the add-on packs, and it did not give you working sounds for any cars other than the 190E. Crap. :redface:

At this point, I would suggest downloading TCL and the add-ons from http://classicmotorsporthub.org:200/. If you do end up trying this, please let me know how it goes. Not only for your sake, but also for my own sake :confused: I'm beginning to worry about what'll happen if I ever have to re-install TCL in a fresh rF1 installation. I mean, I got sounds working in my current TCL install, but I sure can't figure out how :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea