Touch immersion equipment - amateur setup.

Hi everyone.
I would like to ask for tips on how to best set up what I have in my Rig.
For these purposes I will use:
- Realtek sound card 5.1
- additional USB 7.1 sound card
- SimHub software
- 2 x Daytona BST-1
- SMSL SA-98E
- 1x ButtKicker BK-LFE
- Behringer NX3000D
- vibration mat of the Realteus Seat
- 12 pcs of vibro-insulators
I chose what I could afford at the moment and I would like to make the best use of it in my system.
I wonder what effects are best to choose in Sim Hub and how to distribute them, to which devices to send. To what extent to set the reception to be the best.
I would like to mount the BST-1 under the pedals to have a stereo, I know that the plate on which my feet will rest cannot be made of one piece and I have to cut it to two elements.

The Realteus mat has the best contact with my body, I think it is the best for stereo effects and can be read without any problems with 4 vibrators on the back, and 4 vibrators on the seat.

There is still BK-LFE, which I am going to install behind the seat.

I am asking for hints and tips on how to mix it all up, set it all up and what to focus on.

At the moment I'm using the BST-1 front / rear setup connected to the Realtek and SMSL SA-98E, and the Realteus mats.

I tried to make wood mounts for the BST-1, but it seems to me that this material is weak to transmit vibrations and tactile sensations.

I can use 4mm sheet which probably does better but is worse to machine.

By adding BK-LFE I would like to jump to a slightly higher level in the perception of touch.

7ys2Uek.jpg

Best mount Front BST1
0FoY6cr.jpg

Seat BMW
XNzGTk0.jpg

Best mount seat BMW rear
XQjesTT.jpg

Trial of the stereo V3 wood
Ja71gK0.jpg

I apologize in advance for my English, I hope it will be understandable a little.

Hello, Mr. It took a while, but unfortunately it was a hard time for me to play. I do not know if it is because of short sessions or because of my loss, but I came to the conclusion that what I managed to create with these effects looks great, it is even amazing how this layered effect is done, I can't even imagine how much time has been devoted by the Lord to it and as I savor in Mr. Rigu it will be an experience that will remain in your memory for a long time, it is a pity that I cannot test it with you. Unfortunately, for my system, Realteus vibrators, there is no possibility of setting the Hz, they are not suitable for this, like 8 pieces, but poor capabilities, although very well perceived by the body. 1 LFE and two BST1s are also not enough to benefit from these effects, but for starters I would like to have a wheel slip and lock, something that will allow me to be better on the track. The second thing is that behind my Rig I have a bed in which my wife sleeps and the constant effects may be great for me in the long run, especially after 9 p.m., may contribute to the fact that I will be thrown out of the apartment. hehe. Today I tried to get to the BMW seat and mount the LFE under it, but I have too many moving parts that change distances in relation to each other, it is almost impossible to mount the LFE. The only option is to weld some additional sheet into a frame, but in this case I probably prefer to buy a cheap bucket seat. As for the effects, I use the second orange, where the bass impact is the most blunt, I intend to do something of my own to adjust the settings of the NX3000D, but there is still not enough free time for all this, in my case it is rather a few hours.

Upvote 0
Yesterday, gentlemen, I experienced a slight shock in delivering sensations.

I changed the seat from BMW to a dedicated one: Bimarco shell.
BK LFE landed directly under the butt, lightning effect.

For comparison, previously the LFE was mounted on profiles, LFE had a way to go through at least 4 elements, not counting those in the seat, the main volume set to 100% in Sim HUB and only when shifting 45Hz, and when locking the wheels 12Hz, you could feel something in other cases, unfortunately it did not make itself known.

With direct assembly, the main volume went down to 31% and the water tap, the full range that I was testing at the moment, tears from the slippers from 5 Hz to 70 Hz without grace.

The V3 is similar with the 2 Dayton BST-1 with direct mounting to the structure.

I also think that you do not have to deal with unknown how expensive units are, just something that will have a relatively cool scope, but it must be in direct contact with the object, the shortest possible way to our body.

Mr. Latte, I was wonderfully guided, thank you for these suggestions. The seat change was a shot at 10.

One cannot ignore the merit of vibration isolators, which help to prevent the signal from going through the whole Rig and being more directional

For comparison, the BST-1 had countless places where I was looking for the best touch reproduction, at the beginning the signal flew at 100% and the effective range started from about 40Hz, currently the main volume 60% and the range when you feel something is 23Hz, 28Hz you can feel free to use, although LFE is still better.

Best of Christmas gentlemen !!!

Action photos:

EPlMzkQ.jpg

UHBAuMC.jpg

SDDNBYQ.jpg

bXJuMcw.jpg

QN0s0pA.jpg

Upvote 0
At the moment, I'm just fine-tuning the Rig mechanically.
I spend my time with a family party, and whenever there is a moment, I prepare for the races we have in the ACC league.
I am still impressed with how I managed to set everything up with the help of this forum, I am very happy and I try not to change anything in order not to spoil what I have already achieved.
Of course, sooner or later I will start to move something to see if it can't get any better, but I hold back until I meet a colleague who has DOF H3 and wants to see what the touch effect can do.

I am currently trying to fine-tune my Pimax 5K Plus settings, it seems like it has improved a lot for the last 7 months when I did this last update.
I am delighted with what I have.

Upvote 0
I change the brakes to DIY and now I can try to get a stereo effect for the Dayton BST-1 bass shaker,
I wonder if the materials used for the base of the foot / heel are important here for a better transfer of touch sensations.
I have a choice of sheet s235, stainless sheet, aluminum.
The thickness for all of them is 4mm.

RJxsm9L.png

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play