TM 599XX EVO 30 Filth

El-ahrairah

Prince with a thousand enemies
This is more of a PSA more than anything for anyone who is thinking of buying this rim.

If you dont use gloves with this rim you are going to have to put up with a rather disgusting build up of hand filth. The worst part is, the only way to clean it is by shaving off the fibres.

KnpGD0G.jpg

z7gZJyC.jpg

Not sure how long you had it, in what wheather conditions and how filthy your hands are when sitting in the rig, but personally I haven't seen anything even similar on mine, and it's in daily use.

Upvote 0
Not sure how long you had it, in what wheather conditions and how filthy your hands are when sitting in the rig, but personally I haven't seen anything even similar on mine, and it's in daily use.

It probably depends on your skin more than anything. Some wheel users dont get much filth build up at all, while others are just festy after a few months. I dont think its because of hygiene.

Upvote 0
It´s the suede that goes off it´s not skin tissue for most parts. Suede wears super fast don´t matter to much if you use gloves or not they still wear from the friction. there is no real cure other then get a leather or polyurethan rim. There is tape you can use when you feel you loose to much grip but essentially there is no point paying extra for a Suede rim because you need to buy a new wheel every year if you want to take advantage of the extra grip.

Upvote 0
It´s the suede that goes off it´s not skin tissue for most parts. Suede wears super fast don´t matter to much if you use gloves or not they still wear from the friction. there is no real cure other then get a leather or polyurethan rim. There is tape you can use when you feel you loose to much grip but essentially there is no point paying extra for a Suede rim because you need to buy a new wheel every year if you want to take advantage of the extra grip.
Unfortunately I have gone off this wheel now...lol...maybe TM needs to bring out this 30cm wheel in leather next with different branding.

Upvote 0
You can tape it instead of buy a new one unless the grip is on the thick side already.

Leather is nice my Momo Classic 365 mm is my oldest rim by far but has the best grip. The industry is pushing suede because it wear so fast they sell more rims. It´s impressive how easilly we fall for it.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Forum trophies