AC Tin-Top Thursday – Cupra Challenge at the Nurburgring on April 25th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
First race was a nightmare, could not keep the thing on the road.
Tried some quick remedies all failed miserably.
So started the setup from what I know works for the second race based on Carsten setup.
Second race, night and day difference in the way the car handled.
So I really enjoyed my second race?”, I had nothing to loose, I hope I did not upset anyone, I just went for every gap. :roflmao::roflmao:
In the end I enjoyed the Cupra. Great racing.

I´ve cooled down a bit and checked the replay.

The driver in question is not guilty of malintentend , just continued galloping stupidity.
The corner in question where he punted me of he overshot every time in this race and just refused to adjust his braking point.
Also the divebomb in race1 (Kurzanbindung, one dive bomb of many) can be explained with the refusal of reality, no way to get the car stopped with that late braking, so he had to bounce off of me and still didn´t make the corner.

It´s extremely frustrating for me as I was looking forward to this race ( my home track) and have invested a lot of time for the practice and setup work. And it initially paid of, after adjusting the setup after race one I actually could "play with the big guns" for a while, at least until i got killed by a guy who just doesn´t give a **** (and for the fourth time this year)

I may take this too serious, but after investing so much work I actually expect a courteous and respectfull ( but hard) racing. Especially in Touring Cars a little door banging is expected and I actually enjoyed it.

What I don´t like is the total disrepect of someone who doesn´t care to prepare and finds it ok just to drive through people for his own enjoyment.

Feel for you Buddy, I know you put a lot of work in and you end up going off, no fault of you own. It sucks.
I looked carefully at my replay, it looked like a ping that caused it. :(
But look on the bright side, you have a competitive setup for the next race,:) hopefully somewhere without all the difficulty of this circuit, that make this car awkward to drive.
I really liked the close racing with this car.

I don't know if I like this car. I drove it yesterday for the first time starting with the default setup. I needed the whole hour practice to make it driveable for me with setup changes. The result was not bad looking at the laptimes. But during practice and also in the race the understeer wasn't consistent which made the car a bit unpredictable for me. Maybe this car is very sensitive for tyre temperatures. I didn't have any oversteer though like Ernie complained about.
The Nurnburgring isn't a favorite of mine. I don't like the turn 2,3,4 combination and I hate the chicane. Unfortunately they are both in this short layout.

I ruined the second race by completely missing my breakpoint for the sharp righthandler. (I have to practice more on racing close behind a car and still seeing the breakpoints.). I went hard into the barrier and after that my front tyres stayed in the red zone. Being last I kept going with overtaking some guys in the back but the car became so unpredictable that it was dangerous for the others so I decided to leave.

Thanks Paul for organizing and everyone who showed up. It was a nice grid!

had a lot of fun :thumbsup: just a small problem with understeer my goal was to adjust that on the practice but joined too late cause yesterday when i saw a race with the mx5 on sgp i was like why not but race ended the last 3min of practice anyway really small in some corner overall was ok . Congratz to Jason amazing battle in race1 and John for the podium .

IMG_1350.jpeg

!!!!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes