F1 2010 Time Trial Week #1: Sakhir, Bahrain

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
6dquty.png

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Sakhir, Bahrain (Dry)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

First time no aid's (ABS & TC, nothing). Bloody hard but I like it, 2:02.044 is the best I could muster first time out. Going to work on it, she HAS got more. I used auto gear's is that okay ?

Click the link for the picture -> Sakhir

p.s oh William's no upgrade's.

Hi guys,

In the first week of the release I immediately set a 147.838 with all assists off on PS3, using just dry setup and setting engine mapping on fast while driving. However, people beat my time and I switched to traction on medium, because its easier to push and my time now is 147.374 on PS3, I made a minor tweak by adjusting to 6 and 7th gear for a little bit higher top speed.

I cannot make a picture of the leaderboards anymore to show I did a 147 without assists. Its not difficult, but leaderboards are the only place to show if you used assists. Or maybe, I just have to beat my time again.....

I checked Diesel-Zee's picture link:http://i55.tinypic.com/2guyzhv.jpg and there you see he was driving against my ghost without assist, lol.

my PSN:Ternauwies

Mode: Time Trial
Team: McLaren
Time: 1:52:729
Platform: PC
Aids: None (as shown at the end of the video)
View: Cockpit
Wheel: Logitech G27

I made a few mistakes so I'm gonna see if I can do it better and get a 1:50 before friday.

Ok so excepting from 2 turns this is the best I can do... I won't try to improve it anymore.

Platform: PC
Mode: Time Trial
Team: McLaren
Time: 1:50:886
Driver Assists: None (as shown at the end of the video)
View: Cockpit
Wheel: Logitech G27

Turns 16 & 18 can be improved so I guess I could hit 1:49 high.

Here's the setup I used:

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 2
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Small

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 9
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6

Gearbox

Gear 1: 124 kph
Gear 2: 152 kph
Gear 3: 182 kph
Gear 4: 213 kph
Gear 5: 243 kph
Gear 6: 278 kph
Gear 7: 311 kph

Engine

Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: N/A

Alignment

Camber front: -1.30
Camber rear: -3.30
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50

Hope you enjoy the video.

Very nice Pinx0. It would be interesting to see what time would be achieved in a lower end car like my William's say. In fact should TT not be standardised in some way we have no assist's so how about a specific car and then we have different HID, I use 360 controller for PC but other's are using KB and wheel's. All of which affect how people drive and their style's. Then the TT times will be defiantly more accurate don't you think ?

Just a thought, Dave.

@ Pinxo

Did you find having a really low wing setting make you go faster around Bahrain? Ive seen a lot of setups on this forum and alot of them are very low downforce setups for tracks that need a bit of wing in reality, bahrain for example should be fairly high. miffed!

after reading this im giving this a go when i get in, cant say i like the circuit much though, too mickey mouse.

@ Pinxo

Did you find having a really low wing setting make you go faster around Bahrain? Ive seen a lot of setups on this forum and alot of them are very low downforce setups for tracks that need a bit of wing in reality, bahrain for example should be fairly high. miffed!

after reading this im giving this a go when i get in, cant say i like the circuit much though, too mickey mouse.
I'm not an expert making setups, just took a look to a few of them and saw which ones fit better for me, after that I modified them a lil bit to my driving.

Although I don't think you actually need a lot of downforce on Bahrain, since most of the turns are very slow, 2nd gear... Only in the mid sector you could use some more, that's why I put the front wing up for that and then I lower it again for the final straights. About the third sector don't know what to think because they are actually quite fast turns and u could really use some downforce but also the straights are fast so that makes it hard to choose.

Hey man how did you make that video with both views and all that? I can't find how to play the whole lap replay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.5%