rF2 Thunder USA @ Palm Beach by Night - Wed 24th Sept

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Had great fun today. :)
During the week i practiced with the camaro but today decided to go with the corvette so it was my first time driving the updated version. It was great i felt connected with the car and the ffb continues to be magnificent.

So with few practice in this car i was trying to keep a constant pace and avoid destroying the tires. Well the race started and the first corner i misjudged the braking point and spun. Sorry for the disturbance i may have caused.:redface:

I scratched my initial plan and went for the full throttle all the way. :p
From there i pushed all that i could and caught other cars engaging in entertaining battles.:thumbsup:

The last few minutes the tires were in the red but i saw that @Gijs van Elderen was in sight and was loosing some time. Tried to catch him and to my luck suddenly i saw him going slow in the long straight. Gained that position and then it was just a matter to do one last lap.

Thanks to all and great race.

Jeff you pitted? you seemed to pop up in front of me, then I struggled to get past and before I knew it David was only like 6 seconds behind

Indeed, The headlights in the mirrors and blinding you a bit was pretty annoying but immersive at the same time.

Driving in a train for ... a lot of laps was fantastic. Waiting and waiting for an opportunity to overtake. :sleep:
I took my 1 chance at @Josh Hoare. I watched the replay, I was i bit lucky there. :whistling: But thanks mate, great anticipation. :thumbsup:
Next was @Tal Segal. Same trick going on the out side in the last long left hander. Seeing the headlights next to me helped a lot, so i knew were he was. I could keep the car right next to him. :) Knowing there is a left-hander in my advantage. :sneaky:

Next @Sido Weijer , but he was too far ahead and i didn't gain any time. :sick: Pushed hard as the tires would allowed me to. But i made a little mistake: braking with the rear tire on the grass: not a good idea. :unsure: So @Josh Hoare overtook me and saw his rear light fading in the distance.

2,5 min on the clock.. 3 liters left,... 2 or 3 laps to go, not going to make it! :mad: I run out of fuel on the long straight. With no engine-sound in my car, i heard @Joao Fernandes V8 growling by. I managed to go to my pit box to add 10L of fuel. But I forgot the pit limiter. So got a S/G.

When i was watching the 10sec penalty clock ticking, I realized the finish line was just 1m in front of me. :p

Yeah, I pitted, trashed what was left of my tires on distracted braking. You were a good distance behind me until the last 3 laps. I didn't see a blue flag but I could have missed it in the dark. When you made your move to pass me I didn't fight you at the end of straight away. So I don't know what you mean. But if I blocked you somehow I do apologize that was not my intention.

I lost no time I just couldn't seem to get close enough to make a move or get the blue flag.I was struggling with grip and before I knew it the gap was only 6 seconds to the car behind. I was glad to see the flag . lol.

I tried to view the replay but couldn't for some reason I wanted to watch the start again.

It's all good, you made you made nice move to get past me. One more position and you would have had pod... good race.

Really enjoyable race.
My first time at this track was earlier that day so took a while to get a feel for it.
The lead group gradually dropped me and there was a gap to me then to Joao then Jeff.
Joao gradually reeled me in. I was a bit surprised at the lack of difference between the 2 cars in pace. A slight error and he got alongside and it was over.

I hoped to not get lapped but it was going to be close. I had a big spin and suddenly the gap to Jeff was not so big but then he pitted I think.

At lap 20 I started to get a better feel for T1 and my lap times dropped a second into the mid 1:17sso that's I guess why I closed a bit on Jason.

I got lapped by Gijs with about 3 to go and by P2 (sorry didnt have tags on)with 1 lap to go.
And yes the windscreen thing with a car behind you, tricky but awesome really, so realistic.

Thanks all.

Nice video, I noticed that most drivers used the Camaro. I haven't driven the Camaro really since the update, but I thought it should be slower than the Corvette. Was it just that the faster drivers choose the Camaro, the unique layout of the track of is the Camaro actually faster than the Corvette?

They are simular on this track. I think the vette is faster in 1 hotlap. But in the long run it comes down to the driver.

Although the track layout doesn't help in making a big difference a better driver can make that difference. As Gijs said i think the corvette with a faster driver can be quicker but since i'm not that fast and didn't change the setup that much things got pretty even. The car can be pushed much more.

Looking at that replay, I made a couple of opportunistic-douchey moves on the start at the first corner, so I'm sorry.

I think the Camaro is a much nicer car since the update, and the Corvette a little harder to drive since the update so its closed them up (gap between them) a bit.

I seemed to get on better with the corvette tbh I found it tricky to dial in the brake bias. What ever I did it seemed to get really loose under braking. Unless someone has a setup I can try

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.