F1 2015 Thrustmaster TX with Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals: Wheel settings and Pedal Deadzone fix

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
****edit **** see below for deadzone settings using G27 pedals

TX Profiler

Rotation: 900
Overall Strength: 75
Constant: 100
Periodic: 100
Spring:0
Damper: 0
Auto-Center: by Game

Force feedback settings = 100/100/60

Advanced Options:
Steering Deadzone: 0%
Steering Saturation: 60% (360/900 = 40%) 100%-40% = 60% (I prefer 65 which is 315 DOR)
Steering Linearity: 0%
Throttle Deadzone: 0%
Throttle Saturation: 0%
Brake Deadzone: 0%
Brake Saturation: 0%

Pedal Deadzone Fix
Since I'm using Fanatec CSR Elites connected via USB I went into actionmaps and made the follow changes. Changed Accelerate and Brake saturation from "1.0" to "0.0"

<ActionMap actionMapName="Fanatec_USB_Pedals" deviceName="{18390EB7-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" priority="5">
<Action actionName="Accelerate">
<Axis axisName="di_z_axis_rotation" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="0.0" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Brake">
<Axis axisName="di_y_axis" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="0.0" />

Instead of selecting Thrustmaster TX select Fanatec USB Pedals than customize your buttons.

***Deadzone fix for G27 change Accelerate saturation to "1.05" and change break to "1.1"

Motionblur Fix:
Edit hardware_settings_config file by changing postprocess motionBlur to false

<postprocess motionBlur="false" godRays="true" depthOfField="true" lensStreak="true" lensFlare="true" bloom="true" rainBeads="true" />

After doing a few tweaks game is very enjoyable to play now. Hope this helps you all.

Last edited:
solution problem pedals Fanatec
open the file Action map in the f1 2015 steam Folder and found the Settings for fanatec usb pedals:
change the axes as shown in bold:

<ActionMap actionMapName="Fanatec_USB_Pedals" deviceName="{18390EB7-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" priority="5">
<Action actionName="Accelerate">
<Axis axisName="di_x_axis_rotation" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Brake">
<Axis axisName="di_y_axis_rotation" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>
</ActionMap>
Great find, I did your fix but had to change saturation to "2.0" to get rid of deadzone

@nespolino go My F1 then select settings, then customize controls, then driving controls now you will see input devices. scroll to Fanatec USB Pedals then select whatever button on your wheel to get to customize settings. once done your input will say custom.

By selecting Fanatec USB Pedals it forces the game to use actionmap for Fanatec USB Pedals if you customize your wheel then game will look at actionmap for your wheel and not your pedals.
Thanks Dave...I see what you mean. Something is corrupt with my install. I am going to re-install the game again and see if it fixes my issues. For some reason now, I can't get the game to recognize my Club Sports Pedals V1. It did when I first installed the game, all of a sudden my TX wheel doesn't have the forcefeedback when I start the race...only after a little while and when I pause the game it comes back to life...!...what a mess!..and I thought Pcars was bad!..lol

Thanks Dave...I see what you mean. Something is corrupt with my install. I am going to re-install the game again and see if it fixes my issues. For some reason now, I can't get the game to recognize my Club Sports Pedals V1. It did when I first installed the game, all of a sudden my TX wheel doesn't have the forcefeedback when I start the race...only after a little while and when I pause the game it comes back to life...!...what a mess!..and I thought Pcars was bad!..lol
Just delete actionmap, verify integrity of game cache, steam will reinstall actionmap and then go back and make your changes. I had the same issue and that fix it.

To create a custom wheel config you cant just scroll down in the menu. You have to press a button first. It shows the xbox blue x as the button for me. So press whatever that is mapped to on your wheel. Then you should be able to crate a custom button setup
Thanks Jonathan, yea, I see it now. I was getting the F1 option too as well as the X Xbox button blue color. I didn't know I had to select the USB Fanatec Pedals to customize wheel..I was just using/selecting custom profile from the list.

Just delete actionmap, verify integrity of game cache, steam will reinstall actionmap and then go back and make your changes. I had the same issue and that fix it.
Oh shoot!..too late. I'm installing the whole game again!...lol Oh well, I now have time to read some more game tips here!..lol

Thanks Dave, much appreciate your help!

Hi, I'm using a Fanatec CSR with Elite pedals. I've tried the above settings but I still have a massive deadzone in throttle. I have my pedals connected straight to the wheel and not via USB. Any ideas?

I have my pedals connected via USB, the fix doesnt completely fix it but its better than it was, I guess we will just have to wait for codies to put a patch out with a fix...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back