Thrustmaster TS PC Racer vs. TS-XW

iwn

Premium
While Fanatec evaluates my worth as a customer I'm going through other options. These above mentioned wheels are supposed to be the same, the XW being XBOX oriented. But are they? If I buy it for PC. The Sparco wheel interests more than the PC versions wheel alternatives.

I have the TS-PC, and as far as I can see, the base is the same as the TC-XW. The difference is the red cover, and another wheel.
The TC-PC with the open wheel doesn't seem to be available any more, only as the Ferrari 488 edition.
Depending on what wheel you really want, buy the base with that wheel. As far as I know, both bases are technically identical, just the TS-XW has the red cover on top.
I bought my TS-PC with the open wheel, and then bought the Sparco P 310 separately, to alternate between that and the open wheel. Then I bought the 599 Evo XX extra too, and I have converted all three wheels to QR, so that I can use the wheel most appropriate to the car I'm driving.
The TS-PC seems to be a good piece of kit, I bought it two or three years ago, and it's been totally trouble free. It just runs and runs ( touch wood ;) )

Upvote 0
I have the TS-PC, and as far as I can see, the base is the same as the TC-XW. The difference is the red cover, and another wheel.
The TC-PC with the open wheel doesn't seem to be available any more, only as the Ferrari 488 edition.
Depending on what wheel you really want, buy the base with that wheel. As far as I know, both bases are technically identical, just the TS-XW has the red cover on top.
I bought my TS-PC with the open wheel, and then bought the Sparco P 310 separately, to alternate between that and the open wheel. Then I bought the 599 Evo XX extra too, and I have converted all three wheels to QR, so that I can use the wheel most appropriate to the car I'm driving.
The TS-PC seems to be a good piece of kit, I bought it two or three years ago, and it's been totally trouble free. It just runs and runs ( touch wood ;) )
Thank you, this was most helpful.

Upvote 0

How much did it cost you to convert three wheels to QR?

Upvote 0
How much did it cost you to convert three wheels to QR?
It's a while ago, I can't remember exactly. Search for "Peter makes things" on You Tube. He's made a few videos that explains it all. You need a cheap china QR for each wheel, and the adapters that he makes on his 3-D printer.
It works great, I can't understand why TM hasn't made him an offer so that TM can use the system for all their wheels. It's that good :thumbsup: Btw: I have no connection to the guy, other than as a very happy customer

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have the TS-XW and use it both on Xbox and PC and it's been great.

I did upgrade the pedals to the T-LCM load cell pedals, the ones that come with the TS-XW are ok to get started but I'm much happier with the T-LCM.

If your only using it for PC you can get whatever pedals you like. I got the T-LCM so I could keep the whole set Xbox compatible.

But when I bought the TS-XW I got a really good deal about 2 years ago I think. If I was buying today I would probably have gone for something like the:

It's currently cheaper than the TS-XW here in the UK and I would think the pedals would be better (I don't really use the clutch).

I'm not sure how the TS-XW compares to the ClubSport or CSL Elite.

I'm more interested in the wheel rims that Fanatec do for there system with rpm lights etc built in.

I'm after a more GT3 stile wheel at the moment but not much impressed with the Thurstmaster open wheel as an option even if it's a good price, I need more buttons and lights :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea