Thrustmaster T300RS woes

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by nikh, Feb 19, 2015.

1. nikh

nikh

Ratings:
    +31
    Hello...
    Just took delivery of a T300RS this morning and guess what? It doesn`t work.
    The buttons work just fine, the wheel does it`s spinny thing, but Windows doesn`t recognise it as a wheel, just a gamepad.
    The Games Controller calibration in Windows just shows the basic setup for a gamepad, not the Thrustmaster control panel. I`ve tried the whole uninstall/reinstall drivers business, but nothing. Also, the wheel isn`t recognised by the Thrustmaster updater.
    Any ideas before I return it and go back to trusty old Logitech?
    Thanks.

2. Andy_J

Andy_J
    PC Veteran Gamer and Biker.

Ratings:
    +3,413
    Jeez, another one? I am so glad I got a T500 now. Sorry to hear about it. Take it back. Spend a little extra on a much better product.

3. Skazz

Skazz

Ratings:
    +102
    Switch it to PS3 mode, like the manual tells you to do for PC use.

4. nikh

nikh

Ratings:
    +31
    (sarcasm meets sarcasm)Yes I did that. I can read.

5. Skazz

Skazz

Ratings:
    +102
    No sarcasm provided... Your symptoms look a lot like accidentally leaving the wheel in PS4 mode.

The other standard check: have you tried USB2 ports on the back of your PC, rather than USB3 or unpowered hub or whatever?

6. Blkout

Blkout

Ratings:
    +584
    Have you tried checking and updating the firmware yet? It should be working on the PC regardless but the latest firmware is always a good start if you're having issues and I agree with Skazz, try a USB 2.0 port or even another port, also make sure you load the drivers before connecting the wheel.