Thrustmaster T300 - how to identify issues, carry out warranty RMA process & useful tips

Many thanks for your video, I'm looking for a set. What I've noted in your video is:
1. Thrustmaster quality is...shakey at best.
2. Buy locally, which rules out Fanatec basically as the return shipping will ruin you.
3. The replacement process, while slow, is working. This, incredibly, isnt a foregone conclusion with many other companies.
4. The reduction in warranty from 2 years to 1 year after getting the first replacement is illigal in my country. If bought here, you get another 2 year warranty period when the replacement arrives.
5. While my G27 is aging and outdated, it's never missed a beat, ever. 8 years old and still going strong. With both Fanatec and Thrustmaster having quality and reliability issues, its getting harder to justify a replacement if the probability of having the damn thing RMA'ed is high.

Upvote 0
5. While my G27 is aging and outdated, it's never missed a beat, ever. 8 years old and still going strong. With both Fanatec and Thrustmaster having quality and reliability issues, its getting harder to justify a replacement if the probability of having the damn thing RMA'ed is high.
I'd stay with the G27 and then if you're investing in a new wheel the TS-PC racer appears to be a better mechanism (more powerful and better cooling). Would probably be good to know if the TS-PC racer has as many returns as the T300 tech...

Upvote 0
The TS-PC racer is far too expensive.

The issues you had with the T300, what were they? It wasnt the fan, but more a plastic rubbing sound. The fan I dont care about, I can easily replace that myself, but the issues presented in the video is something I'm much more interested in.

Upvote 0
The TS-PC racer is far too expensive.

The issues you had with the T300, what were they? It wasnt the fan, but more a plastic rubbing sound. The fan I dont care about, I can easily replace that myself, but the issues presented in the video is something I'm much more interested in.
When the base from the second set came back from RMA I didn't get any info so I don't know. I don't really know what the noises were in all three cases, enough to warrant an RMA though.. Yes TS-PC is expensive, a shame they don't sell the base as a separate.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea