Thrustmaster Starts Direct Drive Wheel Teasing Campaign

We promised to give you more info about our Direct Drive Racing Wheel before the year was up, so here is your first clue.
Next info drop coming on January 20th
The suspicion had already been in the air for some time, today the official confirmation from Thrustmaster has finally arrived via social: a new direct drive wheel base will arrive at the beginning of 2022! Evidently the success of the competition made Thrustmaster understand that it could not stay out of a market like that of direct drive bases that has now established itself as the industry standard.

The first information communicated by the published image, visible below, is that all Thrustmaster add-on wheels will be compatible with the new base. It remains to be understood what type of fastening will be, because the classic screwing system should not offer guarantees of stability with a much more powerful and faster base. But we will know more next January 20th ...

1.jpg

The hexagon shape is going to add additional difficultties to mounting it. Unless it is not direction sensitive it can not be fastened to a rig or table from the sides. Because by default those sides are angled. And even if it can with some special mount then it will be lifted up higher when mounted on a table. If it is has mounting holes on bottom and on top (or any two opposing sides) and allows mounting at 30 degree angle then it should work on side mounted rigs as well.

Last edited:
Yeah this is very interesting - I'm now too bought into the TM eco system to really wan't to change - I just got hold of the SF1000 wheel with the T-Chrono paddles which I'm really enjoying, although the screen is a bit gimmicky IMO.

I assume that it won't be more than 10Nm of tourqe.
For me that'll be more than enough, and I'd say probably for the vast majority of people as well. For example I run my TS-PC at 100% in driver, but only around 55 - 65% in game and that's plenty. I also doubt that the majority of high torque DD wheel owners run them at full torque either.

Yes, sure, way enough. In a real car you do not get over this torque often, especially in road cars.

I think the better responsiveness is key. No need to have +10Nm unless you enjoy breaking your wrists in a crash.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back