Thrustmaster pedals with Fanatec wheelbase.

Hi Guys,

I am currently using a T-Master T300 and 2 pedal set on PS4. I have, in progress, a set of 'Tilton Series 600' race pedals (3 pedals) being converted to work with the T300 base. I am also now looking to possibly upgrade my wheelbase (and wheels) to Fanatec. So.....

Can I connect T-Master based pedals to a Fanatec w/b ? Do they need any mods ? If so, what is needed ?

Which Fanatec w/b would work with PS4 ? I know the CSL Elite does, but, what about other servos ?

Not directly(what kind of connector tm pedals has, fanatec use rj's), but it should be easy to make cable where you connect right wires to get it work.

I have somehow similar made for connect my Frex seq shifter directly to Fanatec v2 wheelbase, of course there's only two wires to connect(seq is like on/of switch) and in pedals there's few more. But with trying/experiencing it shouldn't be hard.

CSL Elite(PS4 one) is only Fanatec which has official/general compabilty with PS4, of course you can use almost any modern Fanatec on PS4 with Drivehub-addon converter. CSW v2 work still with some older PS4 driving game but v2.5 doesn't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Raikku,

Thrustmaster have an offset RJ12 plug, but, if Fanatec pedals are like TM ones ( just pots/sensors on pedals with electronics in wheelbase) then hopefully just be needing a cable with correct RJ plug to connect to Fanatec.

Upvote 0
You have a couple of easy options but require buying some bits. I currently use a the second option for my custom wilwood pedals on a CSW 2 base on console. Both also will allow you to add a handbrake. No doubt someone smarter than me could work out a way with an arduino or something to mimic these PCBs but that's above my pixie wrangling pay grade.

CSP v1/2 PCB (8bit) would work if you have pots on all three pedals or want to use a 3 wire load cell with the fanatec load cell amp board..

CSL Elite LC PCB (12bit) which would allow a 4 wire load cell for brake and accl/clutch pot based.

Will have to dig through my notes for the CSP v1/2 pin outs or do some googling but here is the CSL Elite LC info.

Accel/Clutch (0% = 3.3/5v 100% = 0v) any 10k linear single turn pot will work but OEM to my best guess is TT Electronics P160KNP-0FC15B10K
RJ12 - Pedal Wire
1 - Yellow +ve
2 - Black signal
3 - Nc
4 - Nc
5 - Nc
6 - Red GND

Brake. PCB has a HX711 chip. All the 4 wire LCs I have tried work, currently use a TAL201 120kg.
RJ12 pin - Pedal wire
1 - Red +ve
2 - White signal +ve
3 - Green signal -ve
4 - NC
5 - NC
6 - Black GND

Handbrake cable ( like the Accel/Clutch 0% = 3.3/5v 100% = 0v)
RJ12 pin - 3.5mm plug ( tip - middle - base )
1 - +ve (middle)
2 - Shorted to pin 1
3 - Nc
4 - Nc
5 - Signal (tip)
6 - GND (base)

Upvote 0
Thanks WhippyVan,

Looks like connecting my pedals to a Fanatec base will be somewhat more involved that connecting to a TM base. I wasn't aware that there was a PCB in the Fanatec pedals - there is none in the TM pedals, just the pots wired directly to the RJ12 plug.

Upvote 0
Thanks Maelstrom,

Unfortunately, I am racing on console, not pc, so, usb adapter isn't an option.....I need to connect directly to the wheelbase. Unless there is a method I am not aware of, of course.

Despite being a sim racer/gamer for over 20 years, I am something of a novice at this hardware modding and compatibility thing. I have previously always just used controller systems straight from the box. Sorting out the electronics and soldering are no problem, but, I need to know what parts to buy and what to connect them to, as I am a complete ingnoramus when it comes to programming things like Arduino. I can download and install a sketch, and follow a wiring diagram (this how I built my keyboard encoder based button box using Arduino) but, I wouldn't have the first idea where to start if I had to write my own sketch !

I know the pots for the Thrustmaster pedals are wired directly to the RJ12 plug, with all the controlling electronics being built into the TM Wheelbase. This makes life a little easier as I will be able to connect my pedals to (almost) any of the TM wheelbases, and, with the usb adaptor, to pc, when I eventually get one, which will then open up a whole new range of wheelbases.

But at the moment - I am strictly console only ! So, in the meantime, I would like to try to find a way of connecting a 'pots only' set of pedals to a Fanatec w/b - possibly with an adaptor if something exists.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You could also probably use a PCB from the older CSR pedals, I'm pretty sure they are still compatible with the PS4 CSL wheel base. I think basherboards did a replacement PCB for the CSR pedals that would work if it works with the base, http://basherboards.com/PF1_BB or look on the usual marketplaces for any of the pedals sets (CSR, CSP v1, CSL Elites with LC) second hand as you should be able to find a bargain.

Honestly if you're going to build a set of pedals out of a tilton pedal set I would consider just going for a load cell brake pedal as you will probably end up wanting to upgrade anyway and while with these other fanatec PCBs you can be reused for pot based pedals the CSL load cell kit gives you a 12bit board that basically works out of the box as long as you wire up three RJ12 cables correctly ;) I used a system like on DSD wilwood pedal set for my load cell setup with pots on the accel/clutch.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea