This Is How Good Automobilista 2 Can be!!!

Tarmac Terrorist

Paul McCaffrey
Right, just wanted to jump in here and mention something about the multiplayer, its been mentioned quite a bit here and in the Dev update on Reiza forums aswell, so I'll be putting the same post in both, so don't no one moan about spamming because its relevant!
Not only that, we need as many folks to see this as possible as its a real good show of what AMS2 can do when things work well! And if it helps sales thats good for us all as mo money, mo resourse for Reiza, cause we love them!

Ok so as many of you know I run quite alot of Livestreamed servers, but i've been quiet on that front for a while due to all sorts of problems that have occured over and after Christmas, including getting demonitised by Youtube for the time being as I can't provide I.D. atm (becuase gov agencies over here are worse than awful! DVLA, Passport Office, in fact just F this gov all together!).

Anyway, im still getting involved with the racing and still wanna support all my fav sim devs, so! In the meantime i've been racing alot with MetzVR, who also runs great community livestreamed servers, most nights of the week and sometimes has to get help with opening to it gets so busy. Its great! And this is all run off of the ingame server not the dedi, which im starting to look into, but i've only got the one PC.
Between the two of us we are very used to all the problems with multiplayer & all the bugs when they occur as our community will report back to us either in ingame chat, or if they experience a crash, random disconnect and are out of the game, they then type to us through our livestream Youtube chat so we know whats happened straight away.

Last Sunday MetzVR ran an endurance server to coincide with the Daytona Rolex race IRL. 24 hours is a bit long so he ran the race for 80mins or 1h20m, It was so busy a second server had to be started to cope with the overspill.

Now there were problems with the second server but I did'nt know about that till after the race as I had the stream turned off whilst racing so as not to get distracted. Apparently the problem was with the rolling start and the game not keeping correct order if folks drove through each other and picked up a place (on that note: I hate the cars going ghost, wether its under FCY, pits, rolling starts, and respawns... Especially on respawns, which we should have the option of turning off altogether! This is a SIM, not Mario cart, its confusing and causes all manner of problems). Anyway the point is, that in the first server, we had no problems! No random dissconnects (AFAIK), nothing! It was absoloutely amazing!

The event was just awsome! Really showed just how god AMS2 can be! We had a full day to night cycle, watching the lights come on on the ferris wheel was stunning! Seeing the mist as the sun came up was almost etherreal! Feeling the grip move around certain areas of the track throughout the 80mins as more and more rubber got laid down, feeling the grip suffer from dirt being brought onto the track were there were the most offtracks, catching the draft from other cars, coming up on backmarkers (It was multiclass with DPI's & GTE's), pitting for tires, fuel damage.

I could go on and on about all the element of the race and the sim that just made this experience one of the best Sunday nights any of us have ever had!

Now its not like that all the time, we've had races where i've finished in 2nd (as the game shows me, and of course I know), yet on MetzVR's stream, which I can alt tab to straight after finishing the race, his games showing him i've finished in 3rd! Random dissconnects are regular.

Rolling starts are a problem.

People show up in the server to find they have no mirrors.

Heavily damaged cars pit, get fixed, and then come out fixed from the drivers perspective, but to everyone else they are driving round with a totalled car, which makes the racing suffer as its confusing because you think you can just fly past a stricken car, but give extra room as it might be crabbing, and then you end up neck n neck cause they are actually fixed, when you don't expect to be. This also is confusuing for anyone spectaing either ingame or in a livestream, and just makes AMS2 look bad!

FCY have a similar problem to Rolling starts so we can't use them.

Cars go ghosted even when server has ghost cars turned off. And for serious racing we need the option to have ghost cars turned off altogether, its confusing and totally unrealistic, and respawning is just awful! If youwant it fine, but for those of us who don't, can we have the option to get rid of it altogether.

Loss of onboard TC & ABS still happens online alot.

Thrustmaster wheels seem to regularly loose all inputs, only in this sim, no others, this might be the same for other wheels and controllers, but im just going on whats been reported to me.

Why am I going to the trouble of writing such a long winded post? Becuase I'm more bothered about a solid multiplayer, bug fix'es and refinements than I am new content! I think its absoloutely paramount!
Because when the racing and the experience (which is the most important thing) can be this good, and folks can see it, and word gets around, more and more folks will flock to AMS2! More sales, more joy for everyone!

ACC has a great reputation for its online system, the competition server is great! And out of all the sims I race, its by far the least buggy, overall!

Now you can take this as a winge if you want, but just understand if you do, you're wrong! This is constructive, its what the sim needs! Its what more and more of us want (at least in our racing community).

Sundays race was an absoloutely amazing experience, and the sim held together for the entire 80mins, if every race could run like this it would be so grand!

I recorded the whole thing, and then spent 2 days putting the footage together with the tackside footage from two more perspectives in the video. I was so into the racing I forgot I was recording during the race, so there's the odd swear!
Just look at this, its just amazing! And im not talking about my video, im saying look how awsome AMS2 is!! I just recorded it!

With bug fix'es and solid multiplayer this sim could be real top of the ladder! Loadsa race nuts on it every night, racing, serving, streaming, and more folks getting to see it, be amazed by it, and know the name REIZA! Nuff said!

100% agree, sadly I, along with many others have been hoping for the past 10yrs for someone to sort the majority of bugs in the madness engine, yet here we are still hoping.

I have faith in Reiza but in all honesty, some of there responses are a bit discouraging.......,"it's complicated, would need a complete rewrite, still learning" etc

100% agree, sadly I, along with many others have been hoping for the past 10yrs for someone to sort the majority of bugs in the madness engine, yet here we are still hoping.

I have faith in Reiza but in all honesty, some of there responses are a bit discouraging.......,"it's complicated, would need a complete rewrite, still learning" etc
Yep, I've got alot of faith in Reiza and im sure they will surprise us all, they certainly have over the last three years in other aspects of the sim but, now its the bugs and the MP that need the attention! Its evident for whats going on on the forums over there: https://forum.reizastudios.com/thre...-dlc-packs-released.28245/page-88#post-221812

Hopefully the devs will acknowledge the comments and make a good effort on fixing things before more DLC....which will just add more content to the list of things that need to be updated.

I choose not to buy the season pass prior to release for 2 reasons....
1. The cost was nearly $120 CAD
2. There was no confirmed details on what exactly I would be getting.....some content from this era...but no confirmation.

And to be honest I'm glad I didn't, as I was a bit shocked in how the game launched with many features missing, stripped down and the physics/ffb weren't very great.
Real road wasn't even fully implemented till last yr and the ffb didn't improve till the 1.3 update....2yrs after release.
I was expecting them to launch the game with all the features and game modes that PC2 had just with there content, insert there physics model and fix/improve the engine bugs and game features while releasing DLC.

I've just been waiting a few months after DLCs release and picking up the ones that interest me during steam sales for 50-75%.
Mostly just the tracks as open wheelers are not really my cup of tea.
The last DLC that was of any interest to me was the USA pt 1 pack, the next one I'm looking forward to is the adrenaline pack....but if it's poor as the USA pt 3 bringing only 3 oval tracks I'll probably pass on it too.

Asides from several RD races I've done, I've completely avoided MP after 3 open lobby attempts were just terrible.

I want to play this title more but the lack of polish and bugs is pushing me away and limiting my options and really leaving me with testing content, hot lapping and the odd single AI combo.

I'd be happy if they would just added multi class scoring to the custom championship mode so I could create an IMSA like season lol

The game has great potential....but I said the same for PC1/PC2. Until they address the issues I just feel there are better options available that fit my racing needs.

Last edited:
Nice post! I agree this game has a lot fo potential undermined by bugs and "minor" flaws. However, they keep releasing new content, which it already has a lot! (and not only the promised DLC that we already bought before they were finished, but also new base content). I'd love to see them focusing on fixing more issues. Some of them are minor but depending on the race can be game breaking.

Still, I really enjoy driving it and the ability to make custom champioships offline (like the first time I can actually do that since GP4 LOL).

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 467 70.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.1%
Back