The woes of Fanatec customer support.

Well this isn't a good look.

Went to order my first Fanatec V3 pedals on Friday Oct 30th. The site screwed up and denied my purchase 3 times. Got it through on the final try. Received an e-mail with an order number. At about the same time I received a text from Chase Bank stating that a payment was stopped due to fraud. Then received another text stating that a purchase was made (I have notifications set where I receive a text if I spend over $100).

I call Chase. They said the final payment went through fine and the amount was debited from my account correctly. I confirmed this as well as I did receive an order number.

I go to the Fanatec site today to check in on things and I'm getting an error stating that my shopping account has been terminated. That's cool. You already have my money. I have an order number. I'm trying to contact someone directly as this is no small purchase but the only way I can speak to anyone is through a contact form? No phone number? I have $400+ floating out there and I've no way of knowing if I'm actually going to get what I purchased or if they've terminated the order like they did my shopping account.

Is there really no other way to contact these people other than a silly form? Everything I've read online in the past couple days has been fairly negative about their support. This isn't instilling a lot of confidence.

Edit: And now I'm awaiting approval for a post to go through on RD. What a wonderful day lol.

Last edited:
Please keep us appraised - I was looking at getting a DD1 but a number of recent posts seem to indicate a very negative turn from Fanatec.

I hope this is a short term issue, but Fanatec need to start engaging us

Les

Upvote 0
I'll let you know for sure. I understand they're a small company, but they need to meet demand. Their products aren't cheap. People throw a lot of money at them and the customer support should be a lot more engaging. In fact, I'm not even sure they have a dedicated support team. Waiting 7 days for a reply on whether or not the $400-600 that I threw at you is good to go isn't really all that acceptable.

If you are telling folks that they may wait 7 days then I think it's time to look into whether or not you're supporting your support team.

Hopefully it's all good but I've heard nothing as of yet.

Upvote 0
Well this isn't a good look.

Went to order my first Fanatec V3 pedals on Friday Oct 30th. The site screwed up and denied my purchase 3 times. Got it through on the final try. Received an e-mail with an order number. At about the same time I received a text from Chase Bank stating that a payment was stopped due to fraud. Then received another text stating that a purchase was made (I have notifications set where I receive a text if I spend over $100).

I call Chase. They said the final payment went through fine and the amount was debited from my account correctly. I confirmed this as well as I did receive an order number.

I go to the Fanatec site today to check in on things and I'm getting an error stating that my shopping account has been terminated. That's cool. You already have my money. I have an order number. I'm trying to contact someone directly as this is no small purchase but the only way I can speak to anyone is through a contact form? No phone number? I have $400+ floating out there and I've no way of knowing if I'm actually going to get what I purchased or if they've terminated the order like they did my shopping account.

Is there really no other way to contact these people other than a silly form? Everything I've read online in the past couple days has been fairly negative about their support. This isn't instilling a lot of confidence.

Edit: And now I'm awaiting approval for a post to go through on RD. What a wonderful day lol.
Hi Integ3r,

If your account was terminated then something must have gone wrong with your order and I would imagine it has also been cancelled. I have sent you a PM to follow up on this.

Upvote 0
Update: Shopping acct was "closed due to security reasons". That's fine. I get it. In order to get it re-instated I need to send them a front and back copy of my ID. Not sure I feel comfortable with that.

Upvote 0
I have not had great luck with Fanatec. Just about everything i bought had to be warranty repaired. This is a very lengthy process to say the least. Las time, about 4 or so weeks turn around. E mails take 36 to 48 hours to return. When their stuff works it's great, but when it doesn't it's painful on all fronts. I sold my V3s after 4 months. Bought HE sprints and haven't looked back.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
Update: Shopping acct was "closed due to security reasons". That's fine. I get it. In order to get it re-instated I need to send them a front and back copy of my ID. Not sure I feel comfortable with that.
I am not sure that you would have any issues with sending Fanated your ID. Hell, you sent your address and credit card info. BUT! I would make sure that the e mail asking for ID is not a phishing e mail.

At the end of the day, Fanatec does the right thing, just takes forever to do it

Upvote 0
I'm really sorry to hear of the woes you have had, I have been using Fanatec equipment now for 4 years and I have a few issues and have never had any problems with after sales support, that's why I have stuck with them, don't get me wrong they are not prefect but I have always been treated fairly and all my issues have been dealt with.

Just felt I would share, I hope you get it all sorted quickly.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

This is odd, id scan method is valid identification process but it's way too much for something like game equipment account. Can't they just text you security code to your registered phone or email, that's how standard MFA usually works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CC
Upvote 0

I wonder what more security someone would need if they already have your money?

Upvote 0
I am not sure that you would have any issues with sending Fanated your ID. Hell, you sent your address and credit card info. BUT! I would make sure that the e mail asking for ID is not a phishing e mail.

At the end of the day, Fanatec does the right thing, just takes forever to do it

I have the same experience. They were slow, but friendly and helpful once they dealt with my issue.

Upvote 0
I got it figured out, but one of the guys said I was on Reddit complaining about the same issue. I don't use Reddit. This thread is the only place I've posted anything about my issues. Weird flex but at least it's figured out for now. I ended up buying v3's from an independent seller for now, but if I choose to go wheelbase/rim from Fanatec at least my shopping acct is no longer blocked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Over a week ago I contacted their support with the registration issue. Heard nothing of them but tried again yesterday to registrate and succeeded. This time my investment went the other way, but we'll see what happens on the next round after couple of years.

Upvote 0
Glad to hear it worked out for you. Fingers crossed for your next interaction. I need to eventually buy a rim and wheelbase. Kinda already nervous that something may not work out.

Upvote 0
Glad to hear it worked out for you. Fingers crossed for your next interaction. I need to eventually buy a rim and wheelbase. Kinda already nervous that something may not work out.
I purchased the CSP V3 with BPK myself, and like them, but I have since found Fanatec customer service/support is very lacking. When it came time to purchase my rim and wheelbase I didn't even consider Fanatec. Ended up purchasing the Accuforce Pro V2. Saved cash, and SimXperience customer service is fantastic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes