The Sundays Drivers Club - Sunday June 6th 2010

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
In The Sunday Drivers Club, we want to encourage people to bring the fun-factor along. It is less about the actual winning and more about helping each other out. Sharing setups, learn driving lines along the tracks, better your skills.
You are allowed to show off how fast you can circle around the track, but we also encourage drivers to help others to become a better driver.
Only thing that matters is fun and respect.

30tta1y.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Simulation: netKar PRO 1.1 click here to purchase online for EUR 19.90
Class: Fiat 500 Abarth AC
Track: Aviano Full GP (Default in game track!)
Qualification: 30 mins (Starts at 19.30 GMT)
Race: 2x 30 mins

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules

Special Note: TeamSpeak is strongly adviced.
Guide to set up TS can be found here!

Will I have to pull out?, is my ping is too high?

I had a RED "ping 415" flashing on screen when I was practising on the server about 10 minutes ago.

Sorry for any inconveinience to anyone, may have to withdraw from tuesday as well if it's an issue?

If i´m first with racereport means this nothing good. :tongue:

Qualy: Got a good lap in 45 and stayed on pole infront of Ramon.

Race 1: First start with the Abarth and it works not so good. Ramon start like a rocket and take first. Then we overtook us each other one time. In lap 2 i lost control on the curb and spin like Ramon infront of me too. Unfortunately i do it next lap again and was 15 sec behind the top. then i had free driving and close the gap lap by lap. Martin on P2 hold me two laps up with a nice fight. Before that i had almost a crash with Michael who stays on track after the fast lefthander.
At the end 1.4 sec behind Ramon, maybe one lap more would reached to get one chance for the win. So finished on P2.

Race 2: Start almost from last but better start. On the inside of first shicane i could go throught till P2. now i wanted go it easy cause there are 17 laps to get P1 i was thinking. But already in first lap suddently i had a staying car infront of me, crashed with full speed in them without a chance to avoid. Front left suspension completely gone, go slow into the pit but no option to repair it so race over.

Shame, i notice already in first race some stray lags but had not thought that this could happen. Dont know what i should think of it. :confused:

edit: it seems like Ramon´s lagging car who was directly behind me.

Attachments

• n1.jpg
    n1.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 213
  • n2.jpg
    n2.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 206
  • n3.jpg
    n3.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 193
It is bad that these lag things happens. But it dont spoil the fun you have in this game yet.

Hopefully it get sorted out.

Had a nice evening, not doiing that well. But brought my car both races to the finish. (race two i had to take a pit for repair).

Apart from the lag it was good fun.
After all I seemed to be the cause of the lag. My car was visible with 65000 ping?
I hope to sort this out soon.

Racing itself was ok. Andreas summed up Race 1. After having a nice lead I could back off a bit to safe tires and avoid mistakes.
In race 2 it was more like trial and error. Started with issues all over the place; andreas got hit by my lagging car. Sorry mate, hope you will stay in the nKPro events. Apart from me causing the lag the game drives nice :)
Then Martin Vbra got into my laggy car too i think. Then I had around 30secs lead.

Waited for the others and stayed around 1-3sec in front of them to drive the car safe home.

As said, I have to look into the lag problem. After the race I tried several speedtests and they all worked out great. Not sure why the car shows me otherwise.

I only got to grips with the Abarth in the 2nd race - very tricky to drive with lift oversteer in the fast cnrs. Had two good starts but ran in to Scott in race 1 in the chicane (sorry), then a great start into 3rd in race two but slid wide in the fast left and wrecked the tyres. Good fun though once used to the evil handling of these. By the way Ramon, when I was 2nd behind you, your ping was all green and about 25. When I got passed near the end to be third, both of you ahead were yellow and up into the 40-50s.

First up, sorry to all for the massive pile-up in 1st cnr of race 2, my bad, tried to outbrake Daniel and someone else after a good start, not sure who. But it was bad as I think it caused Andreas to leave the event, Sorry Andreas.

My setup seemed good in practise ran a high 1:48, but wasn't good for the race, I had big problems with high speed understeer after tyres reached race temp in both races.

So, not very much fun for my first online experience, caused big crash and had 2 DNF's :redface:. Very dissapointed with myself TBH.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.