Tracks The Snake (Mulholland Highway) Malibu - Assetto Corsa

Thanks for the clear info ;-)

Here is something you may have thought about already - Patreon may be a valid way for you towage interest of users who actually would be willing to support the making of a difficult project like this.

I see how one user here is building the Targa Florio track (another monumental undertaking for the AC1 engine) and the development of the track is communicated through his Patreon account.

You may find this an interesting way.
yeah i know :)
i supported Targa for a while
also supporting Ilja for his work on Shader patch etc.

Thing is, in my opinion.
As soon as you ask people for money, and in this case on a regular basis, you also stress yourself on delivering content on said regular basis...And then it becomes to sound like a job, and less fun :D

Thing is, in my opinion.
As soon as you ask people for money, and in this case on a regular basis, you also stress yourself on delivering content on said regular basis...And then it becomes to sound like a job, and less fun :D

I completely agree with this. Got to find a good balance--I think people should get paid for their hard work, but this is also a fun hobby so I don't want to pressure anyone.

Related to the thread, I just found this. Related? Looks very intriguing.

The Snake
View attachment 225353
The Snake is a renowned 2 mile section of the Mulholland Highway which climbs into the Santa Monica mountain range in Malibu, California.
View attachment 225190
At the moment this is just a highly tesselated mesh (especially along the mountain ridges) with a 12k satellite diffuse texture lined up over the top...
View attachment 225193
This was to be another "small" test area... Then I saw the surrounding roads.... :D

Kanan Road
View attachment 225195
View attachment 225355
View attachment 225357
A long open, high speed, mostly 4 lane road going through 3 tunnels.

Latigo Canyon Road
Which in my opinion looks even better than the Snake, this road is much longer than 2 miles, and has a severe lack of guardrails, and amazing corners.
View attachment 225191View attachment 225354
View attachment 225356

Sometime in 2018 I'll release an early version, starting with "The Snake" section.
I took these screenshots in game (with added reference images). As I was curious to see if it would load with the amount of edges it currently has.
View attachment 225197
You picked a few of our best roads. I remember getting my DL at 16 and flipping through the Thomas guide looking for the sickest roads. And thats where I found my 1st canyon. Decker canyon Rd, Then I became obsessed with them and the list grew. Up to Latigo, (a must have, I love you dude!) All the way up to my favorite, one I think you should add. Its just a bit up the road from 'Tigo. Its called Yerba Buena. And if you could add the road sign about a 16th of a mile into the canyon, (the wiggle arrow, + next 9 miles. ) That road sign makes me wanna skeet when I see it. If I go back up PCH sometime soon I will take some high red shots of it for you.

I dont go as much these day since I don't drive a car anymore. I have motorcycles. And I just hate having my cornering ability halved. :(

Thank you so much for the excellent work.

The Snake
View attachment 225353
The Snake is a renowned 2 mile section of the Mulholland Highway which climbs into the Santa Monica mountain range in Malibu, California.
View attachment 225190
At the moment this is just a highly tesselated mesh (especially along the mountain ridges) with a 12k satellite diffuse texture lined up over the top...
View attachment 225193
This was to be another "small" test area... Then I saw the surrounding roads.... :D

Kanan Road
View attachment 225195
View attachment 225355
View attachment 225357
A long open, high speed, mostly 4 lane road going through 3 tunnels.

Latigo Canyon Road
Which in my opinion looks even better than the Snake, this road is much longer than 2 miles, and has a severe lack of guardrails, and amazing corners.
View attachment 225191View attachment 225354
View attachment 225356

Sometime in 2018 I'll release an early version, starting with "The Snake" section.
I took these screenshots in game (with added reference images). As I was curious to see if it would load with the amount of edges it currently has.
View attachment 225197
are you still working on this? would love to try it out

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes