The smoking thread

I used to smoke 20 a day, at £6.50 a pack it was an expensive habit.

I gave up on new years nearly 2 years ago, which has theoretically saved me £4600.

I would like to know which members here smoke, or used to smoke,

Share your stories!

I quit three months ago and haven't looked back. A pack (20 cigarettes) would last me 2/3 days. Cigarettes here are about the same price as where you are. My girlfriend quit back in April but i do see her take puffs from her friends cigarettes from time to time when we go out drinking with our group. She doesn't buy them anymore though. We do like the Mary J. police here look past you if you are casually smoking a j walking down the street. As long as you are not selling it or hanging in a big group on the street having a big smoke fest being a nuisance , police don't care.

Police don't care? Are you telling me that you can't smoke in public space outside?

I don't understand governments with all those measurements to ban smoking. They should forbid it by law and not have that typical double standard.

(giving up smoking soon btw :D as its 6 to 7 euros a pack now here)

I've quit smoking a few times before, but I always start up again when the summer comes. At one time I quit for 6 months and for the full period I had a constant cough (but disappeared when I started smoking again:confused: ). Another time I used the money I would normally spend on cigarettes and donated it to RD, 5 EUR a day lol:)

Weird coincidence, but I actually plan to quit smoking this sunday.

I've smoked from being 10 YO, I have packed in 2 or 3 times before but only for a year or so, always said I would give up before I hit 40. I'm now 46 and have been clean for 8 years, I was on 40+ a day which was costing in the region of £8-10 per day :eek::rolleyes:

Broke my heart when my Daughter was caught smoking at School when she was 15, I was so convinced she wouldn't be that stupid that I went down to the School and let rip, she is know 17 and apparently does smoke though not in the house or in front of me.

I would like to see cigarettes banned but that will never happen as it's such a world wide earner.

SMOKING THREAD!!! I was running came here with a fire-extinguisher, but then phew...

Never tried and never will try probably. But i respect to the smokers as nearly anyone has some 2 or 3 harmful addictions after all. (Like PC addiction-Late hours surfing :( )I wish they can stop it if they want :)

However, i really can't understand pregnant woman who does it ! :confused: :oops:

stopping smoking is really easy, hell I've managed it so many times :D

I stopped for 5 years but then when I was working as a limo driver I stopped to let my passengers have a smoke and had to have one, as soon as I dropped them off I was straight to the shop for 10 and I've been smoking since, I roll my own so it's not too expensive.

For me it's forbidden. I would risk my life with it, literally.

keyword: asthma... :S Not very bad though, and it's perfectly controlled, but smoking has a hard effect on it. Got this illness since 2005.

My Daughter had a very serious Asthma attack when she was about 7, we ended up rushing her to Hospital where she stayed for several days on a Nebuliser, no doubt it was caused in no small part by the smoking myself & my wife did in the car and home, very frightening watching my little girl struggle to breathe but ashamed to say we carried on smoking even after this. This episode was a primary reason why I thought my Daughter would never smoke but peer pressure and then addiction takes over :(

$186 fine if you are caught smoking while driving a car with a child inside here in town. Good idea there if I must say!. Even when i was smoking cigarettes i very seldomly smoked in my newer cars. I got sick and tired of vacuuming the rear deck of ashes and disliked the lingering smell.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.