Physics The Physics discussion thread

Who said anything about blindly going by feel alone to arrive at the final product?
I clearly state that the final FEEL is your only true metric of success in a GAME that relies on a limited and finite input driven physics engine.

Once you have assembled all the data you have, drooled over all your spreadsheets, compared all your real world telemetry and finally driven the model in game - if it does not FEEL like the real thing then all the effort was for naught.

So along the way you ADJUST (fudge) various inputs until you get the result you need.

There is no other way to compensate for an imperfect game engine.

Period.

To say otherwise is massively ignorant.

And considering the tyre model literally drives the entire simulation - whether the numbers are fudged at the tyre slip angle level or fudged at the aero level or fudged at the suspension level YOU would never know if the car felt correct while pretend driving in game.

Granted, in an effort to appear all professional and automotive engineer-like, what we do is try make the changes as small and limited as possible (for example to ONLY fudging the tyre data) to make OURSELVES feel good about how accurate we like to claim our PRETEND virtual cars are.

If the guy or girl behind the controller or wheel reports back that the car FEELS like the real thing, the game designed has achieved their desired goal of creating a realistic simulator.
Did you ever consider the possibility of it feeling correct but being, for example, 5 mph too quick at every apex?

Those statements in bold, italic and underlined are so exciting. I demand also bigger fonts and colors, please. You are close to convince me.
That is the great thing about facts, their being correct does not rely on you being convinced. They will always be correct. And you will always be incorrect.

Did you ever consider the possibility of it feeling correct but being, for example, 5 mph too quick at every apex?
Only in the delusional mind of a pretend race car driver in a computer game would "5mph too quick at every apex" feel the same as the real pace.

Anyway, on to finishing up the next phase of testing of the various C5 Coupe and C5 Z06 based race cars that have been a large part of the real world Corvette community.

I will report back later with an update - and with the large numbers of requests I have received about a possible release of the mod it is obvious that in spite of the concerted efforts by a few of the supposed 'physics gurus' to undermine and deride the mod, it would be quite popular and well received if I released it - maybe that's why you 'physics insiders' act so bitter ;)

Last edited:
Only in the delusional mind of a pretend race car driver in a computer game would "5mph too quick at every apex" feel the same as the real pace.
To bring Will's point back, you're visibly off the limit in the real car (in the video you posted anyway), so what's to say that you're not just driving the car closer to the limit in AC?

To bring Will's point back, you're visibly off the limit in the real car (in the video you posted anyway), so what's to say that you're not just driving the car closer to the limit in AC?
You take a single video of a car driven during a shakedown run in a none competitive track day environment and extrapolate that to be the single point of reference ever used?

You really are as delusional as I imagine you to be. I have thousands of laps under the belt, many driven before YouTube even existed, when we recorded using camcorders to tape - and just because you haven't seen them and judged them to "be at or beyond the limit" you absurdly proffer that these possibly undocumented laps offer no point of reference?

Wow - talk about being pompous and arrogant.. wow. You supposed physics gurus really are a uniquely dis-likable bunch.

You take a single video of a car driven during a shakedown run in a none competitive track day environment and extrapolate that to be the single point of reference ever used?

You really are as delusional as I imagine you to be. I have thousands of laps under the belt, many driven before YouTube even existed, when we recorded using camcorders to tape - and just because you haven't seen them and judged them to "be at or beyond the limit" you absurdly proffer that these possibly undocumented laps offer no point of reference?

Wow - talk about being pompous and arrogant.. wow. You supposed physics gurus really are a uniquely dis-likable bunch.
Do you just choose not to read certain parts of posts or what... "(in the video you posted anyway)"...your entire post doesn't make any sense because of that.

Also: Personal attack!!1!1!!!!1!!1!1!

Do you just choose not to read certain parts of posts or what... "(in the video you posted anyway)"...your entire post doesn't make any sense because of that.
No - don't even try play stupid. It was pretty clear what you meant. Your insinuation is that I am too slow to judge the feel.

When in point of fact I would suggest that anyone who tries to model any car they have never driven (and especially if they have never driven the car in anger on a track) have not much of a point of reference as to what the car could and should feel like. After all they would never know that they where driving the pretend car at an unrealistic pace for both the conditions and their abilities - going fast in a pretend car in your living room without the previously experienced real life whole body tactile feedback and input and mental stress to work from is pretty much nothing like real life. Its all pretend without a point of reference.

Anyway, enough of your poorly hidden insults, I am off to spend time on my YZR500 motorcycle project.

p.s. not liking folks such as yourself is not an attack, it is a personal feeling.

Last edited:
No - don't even try play stupid. It was pretty clear what you meant. Your insinuation is that I am too slow to judge the feel.

When in point of fact I would suggest that anyone who tries to model any car they have never driven (and especially if they have never driven the car in anger on a track) have ZERO point of reference as to what the car could and should feel like. After all they would never know that they where driving the pretend car at an unrealistic pace for both the conditions and their abilities - going fast in a pretend car in your living room without the previously experienced real life whole body tactile feedback and input and mental stress to work from is pretty much nothing like real life. Its all pretend without a point of reference.

Anyway, enough of your poorly hidden insults, I am off to spend time on my YZR500 motorcycle project.

p.s. not liking folks such as yourself is not an attack, it is a personal feeling.
And that's where your wrong, plain and simple...I specifically referenced that video because of the very fact that you could have driven faster at some other point...I know, mind boggling.

Anyway, for your second paragraph; that's what telemetry is for...when you don't have any "feel" from experience, or know well enough not to try and translate that feel to "going fast in a pretend car in your living room", that's where the telemetry comes in handy.

And on the personal insult note, I don't get offended by internet insults, I was poking fun at your earlier antics. However you'll find that "pompous and arrogant" are pretty widely considered insults.

Also, super jealous of your bike.

I will report back later with an update - and with the large numbers of requests I have received about a possible release of the mod it is obvious that in spite of the concerted efforts by a few of the supposed 'physics gurus' to undermine and deride the mod, it would be quite popular and well received if I released it - maybe that's why you 'physics insiders' act so bitter ;)

If anything, we've tried to help you, and it's something everybody has seen. The only one trying to undermine in this case the game it's you, spreading all this nonsense, clearly showing three things; one, that you never read (or rather, you don't pay attention while reading), second, that your knowledge is clearly inferior than what you think, and third, that your only intention was, and is, to attack the game and grab some attention.

Last edited:

When in point of fact I would suggest that anyone who tries to model any car they have never driven (and especially if they have never driven the car in anger on a track) have ZERO point of reference as to what the car could and should feel like. After all they would never know that they where driving the pretend car at an unrealistic pace for both the conditions and their abilities - going fast in a pretend car in your living room without the previously experienced real life whole body tactile feedback and input and mental stress to work from is pretty much nothing like real life. Its all pretend without a point of reference.

Out of all 13 pages of help, you kept ignoring every single page just to make them look bad.

<mod-edit: Malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated>

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks,

your discussion is getting to kindergarten levels of conversation. Final warning. Move on or I'll have the thread closed (personal note: I REALLY BELIEVE this thread should've been closed btw)

The last 20 (the last thing decent I saw is in page 11) posts I see nothing but blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah dog food meat blah blah blah gin and juice is good blah blah blah...

I really believe this thread had potential but all gone down the drain, but I truly believe in redemption and that you can discuss AC physics of your ongoing projects or in general in an adult, polite, educated fashion.

Three strike mode engaged.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea