the perfect calendar?

as long as they don't charge for being able to dream... let's do it
What would be the perfect list of F1 circuits and the order you would like to put together a calendar? (only condition, it must be for current cars, no circuits from the era of the dinosaurs :D) (...but it does not matter if the circuit no longer exists, it simply must have the appropriate track conditions for the new cars)

I am a man of simple tastes...personally my season begins in MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA, ALBERT PARK (of course, the fastest current version)

Sin título.jpg

continues in interlagos, brazil. (from the time when it was not the last race of the year)
Then IMOLA, San Marino
SILVERSTONE
(I know that in April there was chaos of rain when they ran on those dates...but hey!!! it is rain and the races there do not disappoint...and even more so in the rain)
Barcelona circuit, Spain (the version without final chicane)
NURBURGRING (it is not the "nordshleife..." I am obviously talking about the "circuit" version, preferably with the design prior to 2002)
MONACO (f1 without monaco is like a woman who is easy to understand... it would be something strange)
MONTREAL
MAGNY COURS,
France (the pre-2003 version, with the previous small chicane) (If I have to put on a boring circuit, I prefer a classic "magny" over Sochi, Paul Ricard)
AUSTRIA (the same current layout...but it has dirt and not asphalt outside the track...I think that is the version "until 2005" I think.)
HOCKENHEIM...obviously the full version that speed through the forest at full speed (previous 2001)
HUNGARY... only the current version...
SPA, Belgium... I think the current version is very "artificial and plastic"... I prefer the one that used the square-shaped "bus stop" chicane. (90's)
MONZA, Italy... the current one is beautiful (it is almost the same since 2000, when the first chicane was modified)
INDYANAPOLIS...I think the current "road" is good...but the original wasn't that bad...it's just "bad press"
SUZUKA, Japan...to define the drivers' championship. (mandatory with the ORIGINAL 130r curve... it was more demanding than the current one)
SEPANG, Malaysia... to define the constructors' championship

other circuits that I would put "over there, somewhere"
Bahrain
(the only Arab circuit that earned my respect, fast and simple...but very fun races)
Mugello (I thought it was better than Portimao)
Istanbul (same reasons as above, besides its 4-vertex curve)
Austin, Texas (the other American circuit)
...and BUDDH, India... I wonder what happened to that circuit (maybe a cow decided to live there and that's why they don't use it)... but yes, I really liked it. it fast.

rejected:
Portimao (it is a good circuit, but if Mugello or Istanbul are there, I don't think I have it on the list...also INTERLAGOS, Brazil is better in every aspect) (all of those mentioned have strong slopes and steep ups and downs)
Baku (it would be the only one I would reconsider because it is a street circuit, and it would only be so as not to leave Monaco alone)
china (it's good...I think...but it's too much)
Mexico (it is very fast and at the same time the last sector is very slow....but INDY is the same: very fast in the oval sector, to go down to the intricate sector)
zandvoort (it's very narrow... it's a "Hungaro-indy RING")
las vegas, miami...(pure embarrassment) (about las vegas, the race was good, but having INDY and TEXAS on the list is enough)

And I would put these on a rocket so that they do not return to F1 again.
losail, yedda, yas marina????? (nahhh, barein is enough and plenty)
sochi, singapore, vietnam... paul ricard....international korean circuit... a NINJA KICK

And you... what circuits would you include in F1 or would you remove them with a ninja kick so that they never come back?

Last edited:
I want F1 to get away from its "smooth as a billiard table" custom designed tracks and run on real road circuits again (it is detrimental to the sport when the same people who design the cars also design the tracks, naturally they will create tracks that make their cars look good ...and never race anywhere else).

I would love to see F1 at Laguna Seca, Road America, Mid-Ohio, even a return to Watkins Glen and Mosport.

Most tracks in the rest of the world where I would like to see F1 return have been destroyed (so they couldn't return? lol) - Hockenheim, Kyalami, Zandvoort, but there is still Brands Hatch and the original Spa and Monza.

I think we would all enjoy seeing F1 at Nordschleife again, but admit the logistics of marshaling such a track make that near impossible (But not in sims.)

I think a perfect season would have the FIA rethink the whole standing of their empire, currently the F1 circus consists of just ten teams and 3-5000 people, being lugged around the world, simply because of the brand that it is, it is unique, and for that reason it should be disassembled... and re assembled as a more (here I go) inclusive sport.
When I say 'inclusive' I don't mean as in race creed or colour, I mean... "Mr Andretti hello and welcome, and Zac... if you don't like it, well, the door is still in the same place as it always was".
back in the 70's and 80's we had more teams competing for a spot on the grid than cars that run in F1 today, we had a British F1 Championship, no reason why the FIA could not re-establish F1 Championships and include them in many other parts of the world.
The Asian (Austral/Asian) F1 Championship, the Americas F1, the European F1, Africa and the Middle East...
They could all have their own Championships with their own Champions, then top of the pile would be the World Championship, there the 'best of the best of the best... with honors, sir' would fight it out, that way there'd be more seats more talent coming through and somewhere for the old duffers to retire to. and just think of how many races you could watch.

It'd have to be far less expensive, and, I hate to say it (not really), less accreditation given to the old line "it's for developing road Car technology" non of that rubbish, it's about racing, and being the best.
It would obviously need to be thunk about a lot deeper than I can think, but it would be the perfect season of 4 F1 championships running for a dozen races each, with the World Championship using venues at each of the continents visited, where a few (top 2-3 in their championship )guest teams could join in the WC fun and strut their stuff of the world stage.

That gives 60 F1 races around the world to be watched by anyone with eyes

Last edited:
The callender works fine as it is you have European tracks in the core in the middle when we have the best weather in Europe. (Bar heavy rain that will cancel or shorten event) The fly Aways are at the start and end when they have hotter drier weather. It can rain but it is a humid environment so it dries fast. Unlike in Europe where it is dull and over cast when it rains. You can hit Monsoons in the fly aways and get extreme rain in places like Suzuka. I figure in the future cars will be Electric and we could have a race like the Formula e event in London where track is mostly inside a giant building. And weather would not affect event. The only track i would like to return is NORDISCLIFE but it is hard to facilitate saftey around sutch a large track. Yet they went there on the Grand Turismo mouvie i saw last night. Maybe modern technology could bring this track back to F1 levels.

Can they put the European race starting times an hour earlier - for many years most European races would start at 10pm Australian Eastern Time so not too late... just for my convenience I think they should put them back to that time, or maybe even an hour earlier - 9pm would be good to watch live haha.

I mostly agree with original post, except I would love to see them go to Portimao again that looked so cool.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back