The International Manufacturers Championship '67

Illuminated gauges 1960's style...

330_gauges.jpg

Tacho needle was white though, don't know why in GTR/GTL/rFactor iterations of the car it's always red.
If you're interested, different P4 drivers used different steering wheels. Parkes for example had a black one, like the one he used on the 312, and I don't remember if it was Scarfiotti or Vaccarella had a plain one, full, no holes.

Tacho needle was white though, don't know why in GTR/GTL/rFactor iterations of the car it's always red.
If you're interested, different P4 drivers used different steering wheels. Parkes for example had a black one, like the one he used on the 312, and I don't remember if it was Scarfiotti or Vaccarella had a plain one, full, no holes.

The problem is that GTR2 only allows one colour for the gauge needles in a car and since all the other needles in the cockpit were orange, that's the colour I've settled for. However, the 365 P2 (The White Elephant) will have all white needles.

As for the steering wheels, I currently have two versions: chrome for the 330 P3/4 as seen above, and black for the P4s and 412Ps. I'm also planning to give the White Elephant and David Piper's 365 P2/3 chrome steering wheels.

67020 cockpit.jpg

Ferrari 330 P3/4 cockpit with chrome steering wheel at Le Mans 1967. The car also raced at Daytona and Targa Florio that year.

IMC '67's strive for accuracy is commendable--and can be maddening .

We all fixate on different details--Davide N. noticed the gauge needles and the game has its limitations. I see 76 PCD (Nardi, Personal, RAID) steering wheel bolt circles where 70 PCD (MOMO, OMP, Sparco) fitments should be and vice versa and the models have limitations.

Please keep up the relentless pursuit of perfection!

I think I'm on a reasonable level regarding accuracy for cars and tracks. An example is the Ferrari steering wheel above, where the real chrome one had the Ferrari logo "sunk" into the wheel but I've settled for just using the original black one with a chrome texture. It also depends on how easy (or fun) something is to implement as it has to be worth the effort in the end.

"What mod? This is not a mod, it's a new game as stated in the first post of this thread."
"The game is based on a Power & Glory install for GTR2"

So it's a mod for GTR2...

Last edited:
There are several different games that uses the same game engine. Would you describe GTR2 as a "mod" for GTL? No, I didn't think so.
If you don't use a new game engine but still need GTR2 (and PnG) to install your "game" then it's a mod, not a new game.
You may use additional 3D models, diferent skins, modified physics and sounds but the base stays the same so it's a mod.

Last edited:
SimBin most likely used their earlier games as a starting base for their new GTR2 game.

I had a quick look through my IMC67 game folder to estimate the allocation between GTR2, P&G, and 3rd Party content. Here's the rough percentages I got:

• GTR2: 0.1% (mainly only the 3Mb .exe and some other base game files)
  • P&G: 2% (car sounds and a few car models)
  • 3rd Party: 98% (cars, tracks, CrewChief, career option, realism, menus and layouts, removed nonsense, music, and gameplay)
Suck on that anyone who don't think this is a new standalone game.

SimBin most likely used their earlier games as a starting base for their new GTR2 game.

I had a quick look through my IMC67 game folder to estimate the allocation between GTR2, P&G, and 3rd Party content. Here's the rough percentages I got:

• GTR2: 0.1% (mainly only the 3Mb .exe and some other base game files)
  • P&G: 2% (car sounds and a few car models)
  • 3rd Party: 98% (cars, tracks, CrewChief, career option, realism, menus and layouts, removed nonsense, music, and gameplay)
Suck on that anyone who don't think this is a new standalone game.
But can you run your "game" without GTR2 and P&G?

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 193 67.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 123 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 132 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 56 19.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 79 27.5%
Back