PC3 The game is sooo buggy

Well I pulled the plug and bought it and I can say that in the limited time I've actually had to drive it its not as bad as I thought it would be, that is if I could get to drive a race without it crashing to desktop.
I don't believe that they released the game in this state, I'm using the CSL Elite Wheel (Ps4 version) and even though I have calibrated the wheel and pedals ( CSL Elite Pedals LC ) and I have set the button assignments for the paddle shifters and it lets me set them, when I try to drive with manual gears it doesn't recognize the shifters! the only way I can drive is in automatic, and the game crashes to desktop almost every time I try to start a race, soooo frustrating.
I should add that I using the rift s, don't know if that's got anything to do with the CTD

Last edited:
I should add that I using the rift s, don't know if that's got anything to do with the CTD
Have you tried not using the Rift, using just a Monitor to see if that's the problem....a process of elimination.;):)
I have had over 60 hours so far, set up using triple screens, TSXW wheel, Pedals, Shifters and Handbrake and have not had a problem.

Last edited:
Hi, M D Gourley,
I've tried again today, first I deleted my default.controllersettings.v1.03 from the C:\Users\#####\AppData\Local\Slightly Mad Studios\Project CARS 3\savegame\5258237\project cars 3\profiles folder
and now it works :)
also I have found in VR if you let the game run through the intro before the start race button appears and then start it works but if you skip this intro and try to start it will CTD :)
Now I just have to fine tune the FFB and the VR settings :)

Last edited:
Hi, M D Gourley,
I've tried again today, first I deleted my default.controllersettings.v1.03 from the C:\Users\#####\AppData\Local\Slightly Mad Studios\Project CARS 3\savegame\5258237\project cars 3\profiles folder
and now it works :)
also I have found in VR if you let the game run through the intro before the start race button appears and then start it works but if you skip this intro and try to start it will CTD :)
Now I just have to fine tune the FFB and the VR settings :)

Can you let me know if this continues to work? I havent played since release because of this problem. Its really annoying because you may get 1 race or 5 before the issue starts but once it does your screwed. This does effect other headsets too.

Can you let me know if this continues to work? I havent played since release because of this problem. Its really annoying because you may get 1 race or 5 before the issue starts but once it does your screwed. This does effect other headsets too.

Will do m8, fingers crossed it keeps working lol have you tried a race yourself, I mean letting it run through the start sequence before starting?

The classes are totally messed up! For example the Lambo Sesto Elemento is absolutely overpowered.
Historical cars and modern cars in one class. No words!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea