AC Modding Questions Thread

Yeah I saw that in your Tiga thread, will do. For some reason the game crashes on entry for now. Must be an error in my file structure or data files. I'm using the FormulaK as stand in...model is working graphically speaking...
Formula K has a bunch of optional stuff defined, probably need to go through digital_instruments, blurred_objects, and lods.ini and remove stuff you don't have (lights.ini doesn't care for some reason)

Yes, here it is with the 'physics' and data together with the model...so you guys feel this is related to my scale?

HYj3WBe.png

j9nza1M.png

So maybe scale is negative on the y axis hence the flip?

Formula K has a bunch of optional stuff defined, probably need to go through digital_instruments, blurred_objects, and lods.ini and remove stuff you don't have (lights.ini doesn't care for some reason)

Also in car.ini find USE_ANIMATED_SUSPENSIONS=1 and set that to 0, think that's one of the things that will cause a crash, assuming there's no animations so far in a new project.

Just curious can you use tracks online where you’ve used the AI line modding tool on them? Also can you use cars that you’ve applied sound mods to online?
Changing some things will give you a mismatch error online indeed.
Sound changing is ok, but changing physics (data.acd) is not ok for obvious reasons :)
For tracks, AI line could change gameplay, and is a reason for mismatch. Changing the ini files on a track folder is also reason of mismatch.
I don't have full list of mismatch reasons, would be good to find accurate info!

all resolved now, thanks guys!

tHXvndG.png

Issues were:

incorrect export settings in Blender, it only worked once I used .001 scale, with the button deselected and 'FBXALL' scaling and a blender scale of metric/meters

-Z forward had to be selected and works even though in Blender Z is forward

some minor things like I still had Formula K 13" wheels, digital instruments, brake glow, etc. like some of you mentioned - thanks for all the support!

Hi guys, newb here. Dumb question incoming. Is it frowned upon to borrow scenery props from existing Kunos maps for our custom Assetto Corsa tracks? Things such as paddock equipment, marshal posts, spectators, ambulances, cranes, camera towers, advertisement banners, etc.

I of course know it would be a major no-no to steal from other people's mods, but I'm just wondering if the same is true for default Kunos maps that come stock with AC.

I have a number of tracks in the works that I'm quite happy with and am ready to start working on details, so I'm curious if borrowing some of these building blocks from Kunos is a thing around here or if it should be avoided at all costs. Thanks guys!

Hi guys, newb here. Dumb question incoming. Is it frowned upon to borrow scenery props from existing Kunos maps for our custom Assetto Corsa tracks? Things such as paddock equipment, marshal posts, spectators, ambulances, cranes, camera towers, advertisement banners, etc.

I of course know it would be a major no-no to steal from other people's mods, but I'm just wondering if the same is true for default Kunos maps that come stock with AC.

I have a number of tracks in the works that I'm quite happy with and am ready to start working on details, so I'm curious if borrowing some of these building blocks from Kunos is a thing around here or if it should be avoided at all costs. Thanks guys!

IIRC Kunos has specifically said that using any art assets from the base game is a no-no, with the exception of sounds I believe.

Yep it should be a no-no. But you just need to look at almost any of the current top mod tracks, and they use either Kunos textures or objects.

Plenty of stuff like the ambulances and cranes like that are available on Turbosquid, and for other objects that were made by the modders, Ask them! I know I have a couple of minor things I can give out, but anything I've brought I can't.

Hello modders. I've got two dumb questions for you.

How do I get rid of unwanted reflections in the interior? If it's not clear what I want, take a look at the URD Loire. The black banner area has strange low resolution reflections when the car is moving (which I specifically want to get rid of). The same thing happens e.g. on the dashboard glass of the Kunos Nismo GTR, Audi Quattro and I am sure we could find more examples.

Capture.PNG

How do I reduce the intensity of backfires? I figured out how to change the strange blue URD backfires (is it even somewhat realistic?) to more... natural colours, but they still seem too intense. The multipliers have seemingly no effect in the config files.

Thanks for any help...

IIRC Kunos has specifically said that using any art assets from the base game is a no-no, with the exception of sounds I believe.

Yep it should be a no-no. But you just need to look at almost any of the current top mod tracks, and they use either Kunos textures or objects.

Plenty of stuff like the ambulances and cranes like that are available on Turbosquid, and for other objects that were made by the modders, Ask them! I know I have a couple of minor things I can give out, but anything I've brought I can't.

Thanks guys, noted! That's what I needed to hear. I did indeed find most of what I needed on Turbosquid.

Hi guys, I was wondering.. is there a way to create a 3D template for PS starting on the kn5 file?
My G27 is broken so I can't play anymore, but I would like to create some skins :D
there's a way indeed
ask @hal4000 :roflmao:

ok here's one way to do it :
  1. you need 3dsimed (there might be other option, but that's one), you have 30 days trial i think, otherwise the app isn't too pricy for the hard work put in it.
  2. You can then export the kn5 of a car into a FBX file,
  3. open in a 3D software of your choice,
  4. export the car body parts only (fbx or obj or 3ds format i don't remember which)
  5. open in photoshop
  6. SKIN IT :)

Weird one this.
Why would backfires from cars in front not be visible through the windscreen, but ARE visible from external views? And on the same (mod) car some opponent cars aren't visible from the dashcam - only their shadows are - until you overtake them, then they become visible through your side windows? But they ARE visible when sat back in the driver's seat.
It's like the windscreen if filtering some elements, depending where you are sitting.
Any idea what the issue is and how to fix it?
Ta muchly.

Weird one this.
Why would backfires from cars in front not be visible through the windscreen, but ARE visible from external views? And on the same (mod) car some opponent cars aren't visible from the dashcam - only their shadows are - until you overtake them, then they become visible through your side windows? But they ARE visible when sat back in the driver's seat.
It's like the windscreen if filtering some elements, depending where you are sitting.
Any idea what the issue is and how to fix it?
Ta muchly.
Sounds like some mods you are using dont have transparency set properly on their windows

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.