The American Dream: Rossi's US GP F1 Debut

I already stated in this thread I was mistaken. What was confusing was that Manor was using the old paint scheme and new paint scheme during FP1 on Friday, and I had never seen the American flag on them before.

Turns out it was Raffaele Marciello driving one of the Manor cars during FP1, not Rubens Barrechello.

It was a fantastic race today, although a little chilly.
thats wrong to. Raffaele Marciello was not driving a Manor car he drove the sauber of Felipe Nasr. And the Manors both had the same livery they had for most of this season.

But what a race, really enjoyed it. And another great result for my fellow dutchman Max Verstappen. The wet track was a great equalizer on the first stints and provided the audience with some great battles. The safety cars kept the pack together when the track dried up giving us some more action and some good restarts.

Last edited:
It was a good start to a possible long term career in F1 to finish at all is good to finish on the lead lap is great to finish in a respectable position is outstanding and Alex accomplished all 3
Outstanding would be if finished ahead of Nasr, he said he battled Nasr for 3 laps but after that he couldnt keep up. No shame in that though as the sauber should be much faster of course. He only finnish 12th on the lead lap because he could unlap himself during the safety cars and 8 drivers dnf. But that doesnt matter he is doing good in that car and i would much rather see him in that Haas car then Esteban Gutiérrez.

Outstanding would be if finished ahead of Nasr, he said he battled Nasr for 3 laps but after that he couldnt keep up. No shame in that though as the sauber should be much faster of course. He only finnish 12th on the lead lap because he could unlap himself during the safety cars and 8 drivers dnf. But that doesnt matter he is doing good in that car and i would much rather see him in that Haas car then Esteban Gutiérrez.
Here is a list of notables and their first F1 start
Nikki Lauda 21st
James Hunt 9th
Michael Schumacher 32nd
Ayrton Senna 19th
Jim Clark 12th
Sebastain Vettel 8th
Max Verstappen 13th

Alex Rossi did a great job!

Here is a list of notables and their first F1 start
Nikki Lauda 21st
James Hunt 9th
Michael Schumacher 32nd
Ayrton Senna 19th
Jim Clark 12th
Sebastain Vettel 8th
Max Verstappen 13th

Alex Rossi did a great job!
This lists tells us nothing at all and this was not the first f1 race of Rossi. His first race was in Singapore where he finnished 14th.

thats wrong to. Raffaele Marciello was not driving a Manor car he drove the sauber of Felipe Nasr. And the Manors both had the same livery they had for most of this season.
My mistake then but I could have sworn I saw an old Manor paint scheme on track at one point in FP1. Were you at the race or was FP1 broadcast? From turn 15 it was tough to make out the writing on the screen from where I was seated and with limited visibility due to the weather.

My mistake then but I could have sworn I saw an old Manor paint scheme on track at one point in FP1. Were you at the race or was FP1 broadcast? From turn 15 it was tough to make out the writing on the screen from where I was seated and with limited visibility due to the weather.

I have a pay channel that broadcasts all the sessions. I can understand that the weather made it harder to see though. One tip i can give u for that is to have a look at the official F1 app. It costs about 20-30 bucks for a season so for this season it might be a bit expensive with just 3 races to go. Hell even for a complete season its a bit expensive but it is a great app though. It gives u live timing and all other sorts of information like tire compound, tire life, number of pitstops and position on track. U can select a driver and see lap for lap how his times compare to others or how big the gaps are to other drivers.

And about the post about Rossi. No to me it makes no difference. But that guy seems to think it was Rossi's first F1 race wich it isnt as he made his debute at Singapore this year where he crashed his car into the wall in FP1 but drove a good race and beated his teammate Stevens.

I have a pay channel that broadcasts all the sessions. I can understand that the weather made it harder to see though. One tip i can give u for that is to have a look at the official F1 app. It costs about 20-30 bucks for a season so for this season it might be a bit expensive with just 3 races to go. Hell even for a complete season its a bit expensive but it is a great app though. It gives u live timing and all other sorts of information like tire compound, tire life, number of pitstops and position on track. U can select a driver and see lap for lap how his times compare to others or how big the gaps are to other drivers.

And about the post about Rossi. No to me it makes no difference. But that guy seems to think it was Rossi's first F1 race wich it isnt as he made his debute at Singapore this year where he crashed his car into the wall in FP1 but drove a good race and beated his teammate Stevens.

Cool man, thanks. I'll check into the app for next season.

He had a chance to drive marussia one years ago, but I think he would broke his own career if he drove at spa.
He grew through GP2 in this year. Now he can control his pirelli tire very well, and he got stably race pace.
I think Alex deserve to success in formula one. Good race, keep pushing!

Whatever Rossi deserves, Vandoorne deserves it more. Rossi is nice, but to me, he gives off the vibe of all those GP2 champions that needed at least 4 seasons to be champion(and he didn't this year, so even Leimer deserves his seat more).

At the start of the season, Rossi ate his tyres and Stoffel beat him easily when it came to preserving tyres. And even if Rossi improved, Vandoorne was still ahead of him.

Also, taking Schumacher's first start into comparison is plain bs since he retired after a few hundred metres! How about we take his starting position, which was 7th?:sneaky:

As I said, Rossi isn't bad. But nothing special. In about the same boat as Joylon Palmer and even Felipe Nasr(I like Nasr but he's not been outstanding). They gotta prove they can do well in F1.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.6%