TH8A still not mappable to gears

For some reason ever since AMS2 beta began I have been unable to map the TH8A to gears. I have completely reset my config again with today's release and resetting up and I still can't get the TH8A recognised. The T LCM and TS-PC Racer wheel are detected and calibrated as separate devices just fine but the TH8A just doesn't work do anything when I try to map it to the gears 1-7 and reverse.

My TH8A does work in AC, ACC and iRacing so I am pretty confident this is an issue with AMS2. Anyone know of a workaround/seen this before and know how to do it? I can always keymap to an extent but I would rather avoid that if possible.

How do you raise a bug with Reiza? In their official forums?

PCARS button-mapping style is different from rF family when it comes to mapping H-shifters... pop it into gear and back out rather than just leave it in gear. Took me forever to learn that, not until PCARS2 did I get my shifter mapped.

PCARS button-mapping style is different from rF family when it comes to mapping H-shifters... pop it into gear and back out rather than just leave it in gear. Took me forever to learn that, not until PCARS2 did I get my shifter mapped.

I know about that from PC2 days. The issue was zero detection. It just started working at one point for no reason.

Im having strange issues with using a h-shifter in this, using a G27 shifter standalone. I can not find neutral unless I go from 1st gear to neutral, pulling the lever from 5th down to neutral keeps it in 5th. I keep missing gear when shifting down to 2nd for some reason too.

Also from the gear hud indicator I can see it slowly goes sequentially through the gears if I go from, say 5th to 3rd or as a test from 1st to 6th. I have auto-clutch off but it seems I can shift without using the clutch also . . . it just feels totally off to me.

Now I have the H Shifter working I am finding some weird behaviour in how it maps various systems onto the H shifter and paddles, A lot of cars in AMS2 I tried were some form of the sequential shifter and they behaved differently. Some of them ended up on the h shifter and it worked as expected, some did the sequential thing and some of them went to paddles. Not 100% sure what makes them do one and not the other at this point, its a trait that isn't exposed by it saying "sequential 6 speed" anyway, probably dog boxes and various other forms of gear engagement is determining what goes where or maybe its a per car setting. Try a different car and it will likely behave differently.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%